NC Mares Service Centers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smcgrath

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there,
I have a Proton reg and Kaila BCD that I purchases online in 06/07. I still have the warranty cards, due to not knowing where to mail them. I am an instructor and have been basically using my equipment non-stop. I haven't ever had the reg or BCD serviced (I know the lectures - I give them as a massive hypocrite!) I am now pregnant and have the best time to send my gear off. My LDS doesn't sale/service Mares and has recommended a company that won't return my calls.

Does anyone know of good servicing companies in NC? I have found several online, but would like reviews. How does the servicing process work if I have never had them serviced? Should I send them copies of the filled in warranty cards that I never mailed? Thanks for any input!!

Hi Ill come up with short list tomorrow.

Zak

Welcome to the board. These guys are located in Raleigh and are one of the largest repair centers on the east coast. They do first rate work. They are local to me and I visit the shop fairly often so I know the staff. Nice folks and more importantly, great reg techs and I can promise you, they will answer the phone. AirTech Scuba Services: Your life support equipment is our priority.

As for the warranty, Zac will have the best answer but odds are they are no longer covered by the warranty. No real problem because the parts are the only thing that is actually covered anyway, you pay for the labor either way.

Hi, our computers were down the other day, I'll try to have a couple of recommendations by Monday.

Best,

Thanks! I actually have their info and am considering them, but it's good to hear that they are your LDS and that you value them. A vote of confidence goes a long way!

I'll second Herman's vouch of AIRTECH. I just had my Mares Nikos reg set serviced by them. I have been to the shop and seen it. I was impressed, not like most shops that have a closet where they work on gear. They are a 1st class organization.

I'll also vouch for Herman and his opinion. Having had some detailed discussions with him last weekend during my AOW class. If he is willing to say something about it, he has spent time thinking about it.

~Chris

Last edited:
Hi Chris, nice to see you here. Did you go in the repair area? Unless they are very busy, Al is usually happy to show off his operation and rightfully so.

I did not go into the repair area, just what I could observe form the store side of the counter. But as a technical type guy I appreciated what I saw and how they are setup.

~Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom