NC in mid oct.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snowmaker

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
A buddy of mine that lives out West will be in NC on business in mid Oct. and want to dive. So I'm going to drive down from the DC area and join him. Any excuse to dive. What is the diving like in mid. Oct? Are most of the operations running at that time?
I dived down there many times but never so late in the season.

Where and when maybe I could tag along... What type of diving are you planning?

Probably Morehead City. I like diving with Bobby Cox and Diver Down but don't know there schedule then.

Wreck diving of course, within rec. depth limits. I will likely bring doubles and may do longer dives, deco. My buddy is a OWI but no ttec. training. So it will depend on how else comes with me.

Most of the dive shops will have charters on the weekends. Water temps will probably still be in the mid70's. Vis will depend on recent storms. 3mm wetsuit or coveralls and no hood should be sufficient.

I work with Outrageous V out of Beaufort and can tell you that weather permitting, this is the time I like to dive the best. The water is still warm, the days are usually in the 70's - 80's and I have had my best dives during this time.

I will be diving with Discovery Dive on October 8th and 9th onboard the Outrageous V. Saturday we are doing to U 352 and then another wreck TBD, and on Sunday we are doing the Spar and then a TBD.

Can't wait. Is the water still warm enough for a shorty that time of the year? I would assume so if the water temp is still in the 70s, but what about at depth?

The temps in October will still be in the 70's (anywhere between 72 - 78). So where what is comfortable to you. Some dive in coveralls and some dive in a 5 mil.

Will be looking forward to diving with you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom