nc freshwater dive spots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brad...any idea which LDS ?? There are three lds that I know of.
There is the one on Yadkin that opens around noon.
Aqua Nuts with Ray and Sharon on Bragg blvd and he is going to close down early next year.
Then the guys over by the Suzuki dealer and the gym that is suppose to be taking over Ray's place.

I am pretty sure Ray has zip to do with the quarry in Lillington and I havent heard any of the others mention it.

Just curious.
Rich

The quarry is owned by cape fear scuba on yadkin road, they use it for their open water dives. It is not open to the public and if you want to dive it you can go with them on weekends for a small charge if they have a class going out. It does have a few things to see such as a school bus, helicopter, and a small plane but the vis is next to nothing espically with a new class in the water stiring everything up. Their is a pretty large quarry that I've been thinking about trying out in Winston-Salem (or close to there) check it out at www.bluedolphindive.com then click on blue stone dive resort. It sounds pretty nice, I know that they have bunk houses that you can rent but I think that someone also told me that you can camp there also. Could be a good weekend away from Fayetteville.

foneguy:
are there any fresh water dive locations near fort bragg? im looking for a place called acapulco lake? :06:
I did my OWD in 1986 in Fayetteville, and AOWD in 1987. The dive shop used two quarries that weren't too far away... maybe 45 minutes west, if I remember. Voss Quarry and Siler City Quarry, according to my log books. The shop was Aqua-Nut Dive Service, 3703-1 Bragg Blvd... What are the chances they're still there?

--Marek

chances are good until early next year then Ray is going to hang it up. Im in Germany right now until next week...been here for 3 months....and just before I left I understand the guys over near Skibo bought his place.

the quarry near lillington is owned by the shop on Yadkin Rd, don't wanna say their name cause i don't wanna give them any business.

As for Aqua-nuts, the do all their checkout dives at Fantasy Lake. Last time i talked to Ray and Sharon they are closing their doors for good in October. So Aqua-nuts will be be gone for good.

Rec-Tec, the shop over off Cliffdale, wanted to buy Aqua-nuts, but wasn't able to. Word is they might still try to take over the lease and move into the Aqua-nuts facility.

I'll take Rolesville over Lake Rawlings any day.

jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom