Navy swell images not updating?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikemill

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone else using Chuck's page not have current images from the Navy?

The 144 hour forecast is showing Nov 29th.

Attachments

• ww3.w.npac.swl_wav_ht.144.gif
    ww3.w.npac.swl_wav_ht.144.gif
    92.5 KB · Views: 69
Yeah, Chuck said something about them changing the format and he's working on it. Something software-ish.

I was on route to Monterey this morning when I got a call and text(with video) that said waves were breaking into the stairs at breakwater. I turned around and came back home.

I might try again tomorrow.

If you do, please come say hi. I'll be in a dark blue honda civic 2008, pink weightbelt and mask.
I park on the wall as close as I can to the stairs.
-Kristina

I was on route to Monterey this morning when I got a call and text(with video) that said waves were breaking into the stairs at breakwater. I turned around and came back home.

I might try again tomorrow.

Good - I was actually thinking about sending you similar video earlier this morning. :)

It was pretty bad. There was one class that seemed like they were debating on whether to go in or not. I hope they chose not to, but we left before they made their call.

It's always a good idea to check the dates on the models. Sometimes they
stop updating for a couple of days.

The navy made some changes early this week, and the URLs now contain
a time stamp of when the model was run, and are therefore a moving target.
I've e-mailed their webmaster to find if there's a URL for "the latest" that's
not a moving target.

If not, I've got some ideas but it may take a little while.

The good news is that they will now be have six hour resolution instead
of twelve. The bad news is the the north pacific model is now a
really hard to read conic projection.

Even more spectacular were the waves coming over the tops of the dunes at Monastery. There was even kelp deposited in the parking lot at S. Monastery!

Wow. I just went to Chuck's site and it doesn't look that much different than before (i.e., I can still use and understand it). Did you fix it Chuck?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom