Navy Recompression Table Questions??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why did you have to take a chamber ride Reef Raider, were you bent? If you were bent could you post the details of your accident so that others may learn from it? Thanks

Its a long story but heres some of the facts. 4 dives all over 100+fsw all in 1 day I can hear what your thinking now but this is a profile that I have dove many times. The dives were made on a 32% mix of nitrox never went in to deco that day ( but I have done deco since) About 4 and 1/2 hrs later on the ride back I get a pain in my foot just behind my toes about 3" feels like some one is putting a nail in my foot. Well we get back to the dock and un load as I unload it starts to feel a little better, but when we finish and I get in to my truck to go home it gets real bad I can feel my heart beating in my foot bang ,bang, bang.Well I call DAN and the rest is history..
One other thing when I got to the ER I could not walk on the left foot after about 5 HRs with no treatment at all ,nota, zippo ,zillch ( I had some X- rays ) I was walking on it but still some pain maybe a 3 to 4on the pain.

Dear Reef Raider:

From the physiology standpoint, that is a long time to wait in an ER without being treated. I trust that recovery was complete.

Dr Deco :doctor:

Yes & no I still get some pain in my foot but never when diving only at work when I bend my foot a lot( like when kneeling) and in the morning its stiff till I walk to the head then its ok I have had M.R.I.s and nothing I 'am doing some P.T now but it seem to have done little or nothing . DAN told me to see a ortho and thats where I'am at right now. To bad the INS. CO wont send me diving that seems to be the best P.T. yet!! I have made my share of bad dives over the years and that day was not one of those days not that it matters. I missed a stop at 30fsw for 20 mins once sucked down a bottle of 02 and lost some sleep need I say that will never happen ever !! That was when we did all the dives on air time flys when your having fun. I sure would like to hear any in put you have on this DOC DECO and thanks for your time up front.......

Dear Reef Raider:

Your foot problem sounds like plantar fasciitis. If it lingers in that fashion, it is not DCS. I trust that our other physicians might have some words to add on what appears to be an orthopedic problem.

Dr Deco :doctor:

Thanks for any more in put that I can get on this .
The PT seemed to make it hurt more I did take 1wk off work and that seemed to help but 1 wk back at work and its starting all over........ The pain is on the top of my foot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom