Navigating travel forums

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefHound

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
It’s been a re entry requirement to the US since January! There is no Covid testing requirement to get into Mexico. Just someone trying to start another even more irrelevant debate on Covid. This thread should be removed from this forum and put in a US travel thread.

How do you find it irrelevant to Cozumel when it affects 90% of Cozumel tourists? That January re-entry requirement was discussed in many threads in this forum and no one had an issue with that. This is a significant modification of that re-entry requirement. It reduces the three day pre-flight window to one day and adds a second test after return.

How do you find it irrelevant to Cozumel when it affects 90% of Cozumel tourists? That January re-entry requirement was discussed in many threads in this forum and no one had an issue with that. This is a significant modification of that re-entry requirement. It reduces the three day pre-flight window to one day and adds a second test after return.
Perhaps rather than saying it is irrelevant to Cozumel, better wording would have been to say that it is not unique to Cozumel. It would apply no matter where the person would be returning from.

Yet another reason to get vaccinated. I hope you agree.
Perhaps rather than saying it is irrelevant to Cozumel, better wording would have been to say that it is not unique to Cozumel. It would apply no matter where the person would be returning from.

Same could be said for the original re-entry requirements enacted last January and yet we had all kinds of threads on it in the Coz forum.

Same could be said for the original re-entry requirements enacted last January and yet we had all kinds of threads on it in the Coz forum.
So are you saying that we should start one in the Coz forum, one in the Bahamas forum, one in the forum for every overseas location or can you see the logic of having a single thread in the General Travel & Vacations forum?

So are you saying that we should start one in the Coz forum, one in the Bahamas forum, one in the forum for every overseas location or can you see the logic of having a single thread in the General Travel & Vacations forum?

I can see the logic in one in General and one in Coz since the Coz forum sees more traffic than all the other Caribbean forums combined. Do most members in a destination-specific forum like Coz also subscribe to General Travel? I didn't know there was a General Travel.

I can see the logic in one in General and one in Coz since the Coz forum sees more traffic than all the other Caribbean forums combined. Do most members in a destination-specific forum like Coz also subscribe to General Travel? I didn't know there was a General Travel.
Yes, General Travel is one of the forums that everyone gets.

Yes, General Travel is one of the forums that everyone gets.

What do you mean by "everyone gets". I'm not talking about if it is available if you browse through a couple hundred forums but how many have it Watched. I'm sure we all have our own ways of using the forum. I have the Watched Forums page bookmarked since it's a concise display of the dozen forums I care about and shows if they have new posts.

What do you mean by "everyone gets". I'm not talking about if it is available if you browse through a couple hundred forums but how many have it Watched. I'm sure we all have our own ways of using the forum. I have the Watched Forums page bookmarked since it's a concise display of the dozen forums I care about and shows if they have new posts.
I check "Recent Posts" and if somebody posts in it, it will show up as a Recent Post. How much simpler does it have to be?

I check "Recent Posts" and if somebody posts in it, it will show up as a Recent Post. How much simpler does it have to be?

What is simple about having to scroll through pages of recent posts in dozens of forums of no interest to you? Looking at the first page I see half of them from The Pub, a bunch from various gear forums, not a single one from the 10 or so forums I watch. I'm not interested in Site Support, or Suunto, or Exposure Suits. Watched forums show me the 10 or so forums I am interested in, and only those forums.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Split off from the thread "New COVID travel requirements," which was posted to the Coz forum but moved to General Travel because, as several folks pointed out, although the US reentry rules do affect those returning from Cozumel, they equally affect everyone coming back from every other country. This discussion has also been split off for being off-topic; folks are welcome to continue it here. I'll point out that, with respect to OP's concern, following the general travel forum too is an option.

Back
Top Bottom