Nautilus Lifeline VHF

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soamelt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an opportunity to purchase a new Nautilus Lifeline VHF, but it would be coming from Australia. Does anyone know if the Australian variant is the same as the one for the US?

Thanks,

Greg

Also, how much did these cost new when they were still in production? The shipping costs is way more than I estimated, but it's a moot point if the all in amount is comparable to what I would've paid a year ago.

They were $299 USD new,

I have an opportunity to purchase a new Nautilus Lifeline VHF, but it would be coming from Australia. Does anyone know if the Australian variant is the same as the one for the US?

Thanks,

Greg
They are the same, I'm pretty certain.

They're the same. You might be able to find one more locally. I picked one up from a Canadian surf shop a couple weeks ago for $299 CAD which worked out to around $215 USD (last one they had, sorry). Plus they threw in the neoprene pouch along with it. Brand new unit. Just a word of caution if you get one, when you do the firmware update, use an older computer. The first time I tried it I ended up deleting the firmware entirely. Luckily their tech support was able to help.

Thanks, I ended up finding some stateside, but still waiting to here back from a place in Canada (found one place there, but they won't ship to the US).

Is anyone interested in these? I was thinking about picking up a few for people that would actually want one for themselves after seeing someone list a new one for $600 (which I don't think and hope they won't get anything close to that). They would run around $310 + shipping (maybe a few dollars less if I can get a few of them shipped to me for cheaper).

Back
Top Bottom