Nauticam vacuum check and leak detection system - NA-NEX7?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deco369

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was just reading the Nauticam vacuum check and leak detection system by Phil in UWP magazine #76 - Anyone know if the kit will work on the NA-NEX7?

I'm upgrading my NA-GH3 housing to accommodate the Vacuum check, not received the parts yet - prob another week or so.

But the main difference is the new switch - do you think there is enough room for the switch? Also its the valve that is the most expensive part of the upgrade, not just the electronics.

Deco,

Most of the refits to existing housings are being done by local authorized Nauticam service departments. I would check with your dealer for details and cost as it may vary depending on your area and the type of valve you chose.

I was just reading the Nauticam vacuum check and leak detection system by Phil in UWP magazine #76 - Anyone know if the kit will work on the NA-NEX7?

Unfortunately, it won't quite fit in the NEX-7 housing. A bit too tight.

Regards,
Chris

I've just got the Leak Sentinel V3 installed on my NA-NEX7. Looks well built, easy to install and land test ran perfectly. I will take it out to sea for a test in a fortnight.

[video=youtube_share;5NCmer0vO30]http://youtu.be/5NCmer0vO30[/video]

The NA-NEX7 already has a leak detection system built in with an alarm. this sticks up quite a bit doesnt it?

Yes, the existing NA-NEX7 detects water. The Leak Sentinel detects a drop a pressure, which will come much earlier than water detection. I did have a catastrophic leak a year back, so I'm keen for any early detection feature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom