Nauticam NA-D90 Underwater Housing for Nikon D90, Ultralight Strobes and More

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz Odum

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK, this is a little embarrassing. My husband spent almost $4,700 (US currency) for this equipment to use with my Nikon D90. He practiced in a pool ONE time and studied the manuals. Then, we took it to Grand Cayman where he attempted to use it ONE time and decided the whole thing wasn't for him. One time in the ocean!

NEVER FLOODED. ALWAYS SECURELY TRANSPORTED. NO DAMAGE WHATSOEVER (except the plastic cover for the port lens has a chip, the cover wasn't on or near the camera at the time I placed my tank on it).

Sadly, we don't dive but once every year or two and I use a SeaLife. Therefore, I'm selling all of it (except for the camera which can easily be purchased elsewhere at a bargain price) at a reduced price even though everything is like new. I'm sure it takes wonderful photos, which is why we bought it in the first place.

Here is what you get for $2,800 (US currency).

[FONT=&quot]Qty[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Item[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Brand[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mfr #[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Each[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Underwater Housing[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Nauticam[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NA-D90[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$ 2,500.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$ 2,500.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Underwater Strobe[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sea & Sea[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]YS-110a[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$ 499.95[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$ 999.90[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Optical Fiber Cable for Sea & Sea Strobes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]26212[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$ 90.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$ 180.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ultralight Strobes Adapter[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]AD-SS[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$ 22.95[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$ 45.90[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ultralight Double Strobe Arms (5")[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DB-05[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$ 47.95[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$ 95.90[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ultralight Double Strobe Arms (8")[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DB-08[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$ 47.95[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$ 95.90[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jumbo Float Kit for Ultralight/INON/Sea & Sea Arms[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stix[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]FUL-3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$ 37.98[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$ 37.98[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Zoom Gear For Nikkor 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]N1855VRII-Z[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$ 225.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$ 225.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Compact Port Base[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]18211[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$ 260.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$ 260.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Compact Port 30[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]18301[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$ 250.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$ 250.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TOTAL[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$ 4,690.58[/FONT]

All for $2,800 (US currency) PLUS I'll include shipping charges up to $100 & packing for free. Payment via certified funds or PayPal.

I have manuals and/or spec sheets for almost everything. It's really a good deal for someone and, basically, an expensive lesson for my husband.

Feel free to contact me with questions or comments at odumland@truvista.net or (803) 789-3986.

_0079aa.jpg_0080aa.jpg_0091aa.jpg_0092aa.jpg_0095aa.jpg_0099aa.jpg_0102aa.jpg_0104aa.jpg_0106aa.jpg_0101aa.jpg_0107aa.jpg_0068aa.jpg_0090aa.jpg_0115aa.jpg_0064aa.jpg_0113aa.jpgDSC_0965.jpg

You and me both. Hurry up!

---------- Post added April 9th, 2015 at 04:00 PM ----------

Please note, I will ONLY sell it all together for one money. If you want to keep/sell components and make a profit afterwards, then I say "bravo". I just want ALL of this stuff gone from my household now. It's a reminder of what could be if we only could invest the time for more vacations. It honestly sucks that I'm selling this, but my hubby is ready to make me happy (albeit being embarrassed), realize our loss and chalk it up as being a learning experience. If you really want him to suffer, then buy this, take awesome photos and email them to me.

Looks like a real deal for a rig with some 'high end' components. Good luck!

-AZTinman

If you really want him to suffer, then buy this, take awesome photos and email them to me.

Lol.....wow Liz....only a woman that truly LOVES her husband would do that...thats soooo........MEAN!! I love It.

Seriously...great rig, sorry he feels it's not for him. It's a very expensive, different type of diving for sure. Best of luck with the sale. It's a STUNNING price.
May wanna post it over on "Wetpixel" as well.

Bubs

This is an attractive price, but anyone considering purchasing it should make sure that they can find a D90, and preferably two. They are nice cameras, but they have been discontinued for several years.

To the OP, you might have better luck selling this system with the camera body included. It's simple to replace that camera with a more advanced one, for very little money.

And please... it isn't the camera that takes "awesome pictures", it's the photographer! Any camera is capable (including this one) of taking great photos in the right hands! (I had a D90, sold it to a guy, who promptly took an amazing photo with it, which ended up printed in National Geographic! Probably the closest I'll ever get to it! :(

Good luck... It's a crackin' system at a great price!

LOL! I really love my husband. I'm just playing around, but also shaking my head as to how much money we spent for something we didn't use. :D

---------- Post added April 10th, 2015 at 10:12 AM ----------

I've thought about including the camera, but I have thousands of dollars invested with lenses (wide-angle, two 300mm, a 500mm, etc.) that may not be adaptable. I'm considering all options. But, first, I need to find out if those lenses are functional for another Nikon. The D90 is my business (real estate) and bird photography camera. If I can reassure myself about the change and someone really wants the camera included, then I would need to increase the price to $3,100 and I'll even throw in a 18-55mm lens. But, not unless I find another option for my lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom