NAUI since 1989 needs new card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I gave up on trying to get a replacement for an earlier card. Not worth the effort.

My cert was older than yours but I got a paper certificate as well as the card. Found it buried in a pile of old papers in a drawer. Photocopy was enough to get a replacement card.

I'm assuming the OP has no verification that she is certified to dive. Therefore it would be impossible to take an "advanced" course.

Try reaching out on the NAUI SCUBA FB group or maybe some of the SoCal SCUBA FB pages. Maybe you can find your Instructor or maybe another old timer NAUI Instructor that might know him. Good luck.

This is funny, I have over the years 5 certifications through NAUI, from 1975 to about 1982 (Jr Scuba Diver, Scuba Diver, Sport Diver, Advanced and Dive Master). Did a search.....I dont exist! Thanks NAUI for remembering me. :)

1976 to 82 for me too! And I also don’t exist. I should have taken a pic with my phone when I got my Scuba Diver card…

NAUI accepted my paper certificate to reissue a 1974 OW card in 2015. They gave me a funky ID# incorporating parts of my name and birth date and location of certification.
Later, they were kind enough to upgrade my 1977 "Sport Diver" cert to the more modern and recognizable "Adv SCUBA Diver", again with a new, non standard ID#.
I am somehow proud of my NAUI training and certifications, but their records keeping is not so good. There were rumors that all records were somehow destroyed in the mid '70's.
But, I am now able to find both certs in the on-line search page.

I had to take an Open Water Diver course after 30 years of diving so that I could get fills. Thanks NAUI.

Back
Top Bottom