Nassau Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

odellsteve8:
if you are talking about stuarts cove in nassau....i loved it..they said"you got a watch?"...meet back in 45 mins...just my wife & I...no frikin' DM...we found the shark cage from jaws 3 & the downed dc3 from into the blue..it was good for me

Even 45 minutes is too little time on a shallow dive if you ask me. 55-60 is the least I like to hear. I really love dive ops that say, "Hey it's your vacation. Be back when you need to be and we will be here." That would be Diver's City in Key Largo! Excellent!

For every minute below 60 they ask me to be back, my tip starts dropping. I have zero tolerance for short bottom times. I paid to travel 1000's of miles. I tip well, am easy to deal with on a boat, and don't expect much personal service. Of course I do try and do some research before hand so I don't end up on the dive boat that has this painted on the side, "Dive them deep and quick so we can be back early for the next trip." :D :11doh:

Actually we didn't care that much. We only had two dive days and the whole purpose of the trip was to do the shark dive. With only two major operators on the island we knew it might be a cattle boat if there were a lot of cruise ships in port. We also knew that our the dives could be limited if we had an air hog in the group. That just comes with diving with large operators on islands that cruise ships frequent. To really get the most bang for the buck you need to either go with a smaller boat or shore dive. Unfortunately there aren't too many places with good shore diving in the Caribbean other than Bonaire.

But be that as it may there are still some great dives in Nassau, especially if you've never been there before. The shark dive for example is definitely something to be experienced once in your life time.

odellsteve8:
if you are talking about stuarts cove in nassau....i loved it..they said"you got a watch?"...meet back in 45 mins...just my wife & I...no frikin' DM...we found the shark cage from jaws 3 & the downed dc3 from into the blue..it was good for me....try bahama divers....they don't even take you out of the harbor..

www.thegoodlifetv.com
Yes we did that 10 ft dive as well, unfortunately there was a guy on the boat that had to "Catch his Ship" so our dive times suffered 30 min. Nothing like getting back on the boat with 2600 PSI.....

If you want a long dive with SC be the first off the boat and the last back on.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom