Nassau afternoon dive??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jesstotheocean

Contributor
Reaction score
I will be in Nassau arriving via cruise ship. We don't dock until 1 pm and I can't for the life of me find a dive charter to take me out (they all take off early morning or early noon). If anybody could help it would be a big help!

Nassau Scuba Center just went out of Business (as of July 2nd I think) and that pretty much only leaves Stuart Cove as the big operator on the island. With that
late of an arrivial, you'll prob be forced to book your dive as a shore excursion through the cruise boat lines. Have you checked into that yet? (unforuatlly the booking
through the cruise lines will cost slightly more).

mike_s:
Nassau Scuba Center just went out of Business (as of July 2nd I think) and that pretty much only leaves Stuart Cove as the big operator on the island. With that
late of an arrivial, you'll prob be forced to book your dive as a shore excursion through the cruise boat lines. Have you checked into that yet? (unforuatlly the booking
through the cruise lines will cost slightly more).

We will be on the Carnival Celebration (the oldest & smallest ship sailing) and they do NOT offer a diving excursion.

Bahama Divers used to run a mixed snorkel and one tank dive charter at around 2PM. As they take snorkelers, its a pretty shallow site, probably 20' or so, but was a decent dive for a quick fix. They are a cattle boat and I can't say a to whether they are still in business, but they were close to downtown, just at the foot of Paradise Island bridge and probably the only option for going out that afternoon.

When we were at Dive Dive Dive, we had a couple of people from cruise ships in the afternoon. Very happy with that outfit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom