NASE, NAUI, SDI, RAID, and PSS why don't you want new instructors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Paul, sending you a pm and an email. I'm impressed at your response.
Yeah, Paul is hugely involved with the instructors and the members. Kinda neat that I can reach out to the big cheese directly, vs trying to jump through hoops like most major agencies.

Thanks, as far as rigidity, I was referring to the requirements to do specific skills on specific dives. I'm not enamored with that concept...

Ok, well if you have a specific example thats bugging you, let me know. Theres quite a lot more leeway than would seem to be the case on a cursory read, the standards have a lot of flexibility.

No problems at all Viking,
And thank you and Rainpilot for the very kind commentt, and for pointing me to this post so I can help.

If anyone on ScubaBoard has any issues like this in the future, please just email me. I try to monitor as much media as possible, but it’s so easy to miss things.

The only way to make RAID great is to listen to any mistakes we may have made and fix them.

Thank you again and thank you ScubaBoard.

Not to often you get the “big dog” of an agency to respond. Impressive.
I totally agree. I liked what I've read and viewed about Raid and @paultoomer 's direct involvement and willingness to engage has got me wanting to know more. A good example to the other agencies out there.

I totally agree. I liked what I've read and viewed about Raid and @paultoomer 's direct involvement and willingness to engage has got me wanting to know more. A good example to the other agencies out there.
Agree. I sat in on a presentation by Paul at DEMA a couple years ago and chatted with him at the both for a bit later on. Course that's not the best venue to really talk IMO.
I was and still am intrigued with RAID.

Any response from them at all?

If they haven't, send me a PM with your email address and I'll put you in direct contact with the their US national sales manager who will take care of you.

Ok, if you're keeping score, @RainPilot brought in the president of RAID ( @paultoomer ). Pretty impressive to get a response (and apology) here from the president of a company. That's doing business right, and I think that should be acknowledged.

@Scott pointed me to SDI's chat function. I got the answers I needed.

@BurhanMuntasser got me hooked up with NAUI's training director. Kudos to him and NAUI are in order.

That's all good for me, and it reflects positively on their agencies (RAID, SDI and NAUI). Y'all are of my naughty list. NASE and PSS are still on it.

Crossover Santa.

Oh and we can't forget SEI. Their response was to of the charts. Their president student a half hour on the phone with me. To notch service!

Agree. I sat in on a presentation by Paul at DEMA a couple years ago and chatted with him at the both for a bit later on. Course that's not the best venue to really talk IMO.
I was and still am intrigued with RAID.
Happy to answer any questions you may have about RAID, PM here or brendon (at) desertreefdive.com . That offer is open to anyone who has questions about RAID, if I can't find the answer I know someone who can.

Also, might be worth mentioning that RAID e-learning is all freely available to do, for every course. Only pay if you need certification. Register on diveraid.com for free, and you will be able to access every course from Try Dive to Cave Instructor trainer. Handy for checking all the standards and the training methodology.

The CCR progression is mid-revamp but the gist is there.

@VikingDives

An instructor mate of mine has had a brilliant experience crossing over to RAID while living in a fairly remote part of the Middle East so I think your initial experience was an exception rather than the norm.

I crossed over to RAID and could not be happier about the experience and with RAID as an organization.

As for @paultoomer , what a great guy. He came here to sort out an issue with his training organization and I believe that says a lot.

I personally have messaged Paul on FB and thanked him for RAID, sorting out an issue I had and allowing me to become part of the RAID family. That conversation led to us discussing a shared taste in music. I don't know if I would have had that experience with other organizations.

I am not bashing any of them as I was an SNSI instructor as well as a PADI instructor. I feel there is an organization for everyone and the one that suits me is RAID.

Good luck and I look forward to reading about where you end up and your experience with the crossover.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom