Narrow face, which mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW - fabuolous responses from you guys and never thought there will be a lot more narrow fit masks! Thanks alot and I will try check all the masks you guys suggested. :)

Crusing AK, the Inside Passage?

redrover, yup!

I have tried MANY, and here are my favorite narrow-face masks:

Sporasub Samurai (also called Dessault)--smallest mask by far, very comfortable and solid, great field of vision.

Scubapro Futura 1--simple design, stiffer skirt (not the conventional silicone found on most masks today), but still comfortable. No longer available in US, but still available in Europe.

Scubapro Futura 2--very nice mask, more up-to-date design than Futura 1.

New Mask: Cressi-Sub Lince--haven't tried it yet, but I think it will work.

In short, I doubt you could go wrong with a Samurai.

Good luck.

Mahjong

ScubaJW:
I have a very narrow face, I mean extremely... I have tried on Cressi Big Eye and another smaller mask (not sure of the name) - both doesn't fit me very well. Know which mask will be great one for my narrow face?

And also, one more question, my buddy kept telling me there are bubbles coming out top of my hood (where the holes in my hood are) when I dive - where is that coming from? My mask? or just my breathing from my regulator goes into my hood <- I find that odd - because my buddy has exact the same stuff I have, it doesn't happen to him. So maybe my mask is too big?

Thanks!

I also have a narrow face and had a really hard time finding a mask to fit properly without it leaking at the sides. I ended up buying the smaller version of the Cressi Big Eyes - the Cressi Lince . It was totally perfect fit, really easy to clear because it is so low profile and the increase in the area of vision (especially down) was great. Im wearing it in my profile pic if you wanna see :)

wow lotsa narrow/small face divers around :) ditto for me; i've got a narrow face and ended up buying 3 masks which all seemed to fit well in the LDS but leaked terribly when descending in the sea.. (none of the LDS here allow their items for pool trials).. in the end i ended up trying my gfren's Mares Tempra mask & it fit so well it was virtually dry all 55 mins of my dive..! Sadly Mares seems to have discontinued this particular model but if you do happen to find it over there, do consider it; the silicone skirting fits very well on slim/small faces.. hope this helps.. - ddavid

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom