Nardi Atlantic 100 Oil?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TScuba

New
Reaction score
Hello and thanks for accepting into this great forum! I have a “new to me” Nardi Atlantic 100 compressor that was made in Italy and looking forward to filling my own SCUBA tanks for diving. Unfortunately, I’m having a hard time finding it’s manufacturer’s recommended oil (Shell Corena S2 P 150) for it here in the USA. I’m looking to maybe get 1 gallon at a time. Not a 55 gallon barrel :). It seems this stuff has to be purchased outside of the USA? Is there an equivalent oil that meets or exceeds this oil’s spec that can readily be purchased online, gallon quantity, located in USA? I’m considering a synthetic if available. I’m located in Vermont, USA and thanks again so much for the opportunity to be part of this awesome community! :)
Side Note: I’ve tried a number of times to contact Nardi directly on this with no replies. Email via their website page and email contact via their Instagram page.
4B44A26E-E51D-4314-B136-D0C412E39FBD.jpeg

I would just use chemlube 800 which is also a 40wt triester oil (ISO 150 = SAE 40)
You can get it from August industries.
Bauer Synthetic Lubricant OIL-0024 - August Industries Inc.

PS the shell is a synthetic, you definitely don't want to be switching to anything mineral

Thanks everyone! I’m looking into Chemlube 800 now. The compressor I have has only a few hrs on it and I’m thinking the synthetic switch over will really help make it much more happy to press that air. Really appreciate the info.

I just thought I would post a follow up regarding some information from Nardi on my oil question in case it may help someone else in the future. I received an email from Nardi indicating that in 2019 they decided to change the oil specification on the Atlantic 100 compressor to Shell Corena S4 P100. This is indeed a synthetic and 30 weight. Not the 40 weight mineral oil they where specifying earlier. I reached out to a bunch of US based compressor oil suppliers and only one replied. Emailed me back on a holiday for a guy that would be buying at best one gallon of oil. On top of that, he layed out a really nice explanation on the various oil weights and where to get them, even from other US suppliers if I chose to. August Industries Inc. president went above and beyond helping me sort this all out. And, they sell an equivalent oil by the gallon. August Industries SL-500, synthetic 30 weight, high pressure breathing air compressor oil on its way to me. Thanks again to all who replied to help out on this! :)

Thanks for the update.
Oils well that ends well. :)

August Industries Inc. president went above and beyond helping me sort this all out.
I hear nothing but good stuff about those guys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom