NaNoWriMo 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoomi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone else here planning on participating in NaNoWriMo? National Novel Writing Month takes place every year in November, and sign-ups will open on (or about) October 1st.

The rules are simple; start writing a novel sometime after 12:00:01 a.m. on November 1st, and complete 50,000 words by 11:59:59 p.m. on November 30th to win. You can do research, outline the plot, sketch out the characters, etc. before November, but the actual writing doesn't begin until November does.

If you've ever wanted to write a novel, this is a great way to dive in. The looming deadline on your calendar helps you to shut-off the internal editor that would keep driving you back to the first chapters on an endless revision cycle, so that you get through the story (writers rule #1: Write now, revise later. It's okay if the first draft sucks). Many communities worldwide have WriMo kick-off parties, write-ins throughout the month, and wrap-up parties. You get the support and encouragement of many thousands of other writers world-wide (last year there were over 119,000 participants), and whatever your genre is, you'll find others writing for it in the WriMo forums.

If you do participate, look for Hoomi on there. I'll spend the next month or so prepping my story, and then the month of November typing away. My goal will be the same as in 2006 and 2007; to finish my novel by my birthday. If you think 50,000 words in 30 days sounds feverish, try over 50,000 in 22 days. :dork2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom