Nanaimo Oct 27/2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krimney

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am going to be in town that day and am looking to dive. Have tried to contact a couple DO out there and the only reply so far is that they will do a charter if they have enough people(2). As I am only one, I am looking for either some other folks who want to dive on a boat or could help me out with some shore diving perhaps? I will be arriving friday afternoon and would need to find tanks/weights and maybe a wet/dry suit if I don't get one before heading out.

I've never dove the west coast so really any type of dive is fine. I just wanna get in the water!

after the 27th I will be heading to Tofino for a few days, and would also like to dive out there if possible.

Thanks

ken....you can email direct to krimney@hotmail.com

The charters to the wrecks (cape Breton, HMCS Saskatchewan) and reefs are excellent but there are some outstanding shore dives as well. My 2 favorites are Madrona point and seducers cove. Lots of wolf eels, octopi and fish life. Let me know if you'd like more info on these or any other sites in that area. Cheers!

Your best bet is to roll the dice and see if any of the DOs will have room for one more. I've done a bunch of trips out there as a single, but could only get a spot on a charter on the weekend as they never had a boat going out on weekdays, especially after the summer is over. So I spend most of my time doing shore dives, and concur with Decompression's post about Madrona Pt & Seducer's cove(AKA Tyee) but found a new favorite at Orlebar Pt on Gabriola Island. I was there last week, went to all the shops and couldn't pick a favorite. They all rent gear as well.
Another option would be to stay on the Vancouver side, dive at Whytecliff park, Poreau Cove etc. I know the Abottsford Dive club always has stuff on the go, maybe you could hook up with some of them. I got great air fills at The Edge dive shop on marine drive in North Van, maybe they would have info on charters from that side of the lake.
Best book for info is "151 dives of the Pacific Northwest". has contact info for shops, charters, etc.
And as a last resort, diving in Minnie is always better than anything else on the prairies!

Since the 27th is on Saturday, I'd bet that someone will have a charter going out. Otherwise, I'd also recommend Madrona.

Just to the north of you is Comox/Courntney, where Pacific Pro Dive is. April B works there, and will ALWAYS be up for diving. She tries to do an AM, and a PM dive almost every day. Their facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/#!/PacificProDive or you can get ahold of her by phoning the shop.

Enjoy diving there. I love the island.

Send me a pm i can help ya out with regards to a dive operator. We are always going out to the wrecks, basically ever weekend. Or snake island wall.

The shore dives are alright, to be honest i preferred diving in Lake minnewanka then the shor dives here. Perhaps if i had another scooter i could hit up a few spots

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back
Top Bottom