Names 4 APEKS 1st stage????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soultwater

Reaction score
How many names does APEKS have for there 1st stage regulators????
From what I get off there sight thay have this listed…

DS1 (AKA)?????

DS4 (AKA) ?????

DST (AKA) ?????

FSR (AKA) ATX 200

FST (AKA) ?????

Nitrox DS4 (AKA) waste of money just to get something that says NITROX on it

US1 (AKA) ?????

US4 (AKA) ?????

UST (AKA) ?????

But when I look into the 2nd stages on the APEKS sight they call the 1st stage a different in the text or they don’t mention the 1st stage at all ….Now I am just confused

I guess what I am looking for is a conversion chart so I know what regulator is what

I am interested in the name of the DS4 most of all from what I have been reading this is a good regulator.

I owned two ATX 200 (aka FSR) with AT 20’s, I loved them but I ended up selling my doubles ( long story) so I have been thinking about getting back into doubles but this time I plan on a few changes because of some problems I experienced.

Problem 1

The ATX 200 (aka FSR) Routing on the doubles sucked …lots of tight bends on some of the hoses

Problem 2

I seem to hit the purge button on the Regulator around my neck with my chin or regulator in my mouth more than I like to. Also the AT20 like to free flow to the point you have to take it into get serviced. I have seen 8 NEW Apeks 2nd stage regs free flow over the past year.

The DST (a swivel/turret first stage - "T" for "turret") is the most common as it is sold with the popular ATX50 and ATX40. The DS4 is usually a "stand alone" offer so that the buyer will have a choice as to what second stage to pair with it - the DS4 also does NOT have a 1/2" LP port so you don't have to use a custom hose or 3/8" adaptor. The number that follows the letter designation (i.e. the "4" in DS4 US4) tells you how many LP (Apeks call them MP - medium pressure) ports the first stage has. The "U" in the U-series warm water first stages (US1, US4, UST - the UST is usually paired with the AT20 second stage) stands for "unsealed."

The ATX50, 100, 200, Black Pearl and Tungsten second stages are identical apart from the cosmetic differences in the front cover. The larger "T" second stages follow the same rule - TX50 and TX100 are the same.

The FST (aka Flathead, usually paired with TX100/ATX100) has the best (it's all relative) routing for doubles, imho - although DS4 and FSR are fine... If you compare the FST and FSR, you will see that they both have good and bad points re hose routing/placement for doubles.

Chart of usual Apeks first and second stages pairing:

UST - AT20 or T20
FST - ATX100 or TX100 (FST/TX100 was also sold as Zeagle Flathead Six)
FSR - ATX200
DST - ATX40 or ATX50, TX40 or TX50
DS1, DS4 and US1, US4 are sold as first stage only
Black Pearl = limited edition PVD coated FSR/ATX200
Tungsten = PVD coated FSR/ATX200

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom