Name your cruises

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've cruised on: Princess, Holland America, Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Norweign.

Princess is my favorite both for the cruise and for the quality of on-board dive expertiese.

Rich Hagelin

Truthfully, the only cruises that were my idea for vacation were the Blackbeard trips....my sister got married during the Celebrity cruise....way before I started working on ships. It was fine....but I'm not big on typical cruise ship vacations....nothing wrong with them (and thankfully...lots of folks disagree with me <smile>) it's just not my favorite way to spend time.....I enjoyed Blackbeard's much more.

It's somewhat ironic that I now work on cruise ships...but anyone who's ever worked on ships will tell you that cruising and working are as different as night and day <smile>

Cruised on:
Celebrity Century
Blackbeard's - Morningstar and Pirate's Lady

Worked on the following Carnival ships:
Paradise
Destiny
Celebration
Conquest
Fantasy
Ecstasy
Elation
Imagination - currently working here

Peace,
Cathie

CuriousMe:
Truthfully, the only cruises that were my idea for vacation were the Blackbeard trips....my sister got married during the Celebrity cruise....way before I started working on ships. It was fine....but I'm not big on typical cruise ship vacations....nothing wrong with them (and thankfully...lots of folks disagree with me <smile>) it's just not my favorite way to spend time.....I enjoyed Blackbeard's much more.

It's somewhat ironic, that I now work on cruise ships...but anyone who's ever worked on ships will tell you that cruising and working are as different as night and day <smile>

Cruised on:
Celebrity Century
Blackbeard's - Morningstar and Pirate's Lady

Paradise
Destiny
Celebration
Conquest
Fantasy
Ecstasy
Elation

Peace,
Cathie

Cathie,

What itinerary is the Imagination on now. How much do you get to dive?

Rich

Honymoon cruise on Blue Lagoon's MV Mystique Princess in Fiji.

Likely the only cruise I will ever do. It was fantastic, but my wife and I just aren't cruise ship types.

richhagelin:
Cathie,

What itinerary is the Imagination on now. How much do you get to dive?

Rich

Hi Rich,

The Imagination does a 5 day, 5 day, 4 day loop. We leave from Miami and on the 5 days go to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios, Jamaica. On the 4 day we go to Key West and Cozumel. So, it's a pretty good diving run for me <smile>.

I have a colleague onboard, so we alternate days off (one of us has to be onboard at any given time)....but I generally dive each voyage....I generally push for Cayman over Ocho Rios...<smile> but I need to be fair as well.

In Cozumel, we're there from about noon till 10:00PM....so we split the day....one person gets off during the day and the other at night....so I dive either way there.

Peace,
Cathie

CuriousMe:
It's somewhat ironic that I now work on cruise ships...but anyone who's ever worked on ships will tell you that cruising and working are as different as night and day <smile>

Paradise
Destiny
Celebration
Conquest
Fantasy
Ecstasy
Elation

Peace,
Cathie

HI Cathie!
Thanks for your list. I couldn't agree with you more. I worked on the Elation and the Insperation. (With full ship charter groups)
Quite different then vacationing and cruising to work on the ship.

Big difference between working at home and working on ships.
I cannot complain and you won't hear me whine. I just went outside and looked up at the stars over the nearby ship. I think Cathie is right next door to me on the sea. I could see the Big Dipper and Orion without city lights and car horns. I can look down and wonder what we're sailing over and how deep the water is. There's nothing better than going all the way forward on an outside deck and just looking up at the stars in the peace and quiet. I always wanted to live on the ocean and now I literally live on the ocean.

Man, I love my job.

1 week and 5 days and my GF and I will be on our way with HAL on the Rotterdam to the Bahamas. This will make my second one, both with HAL. The first was Alaska...truly God country.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom