Name your cruises

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nitrogenaddict2:
Hey this is a scuba bord so tell us who you dived with in these ports of call and whether you were treated well or not.

Feel free to start a new post on it. This is pretty much about listing our cruises.

Natasha:
Since several of us have been on cruise ships, it might help others to name the ones we have been on.
Mine will be on the next post.
Hope yours will be too!
Bon Voyage!

My wife and I have a preference for the Princess Line. We have done (4) cruises so far. Only one was on another line (Commodore) which is gone now.

1. Wester Carribean (Commodore-Name Unk.)
2. Atlantic Crossing (Venice to Ft. Lauderdale) Grand Princess
3. Inland Passage Alaska (Vancouver) Sea Princess
4. Los Angeles to Hawaii & Return Regal Princess. (March 04)

I did sign up for a optional SCUBA dive on the Regal trip in Maui, however; it was cancelled for no given reason.

I'm looking forward soon to a Mexican Riviera 10 day trip on the Princess Sapphire as well as a 19 day trip from Osaka to Seattle on the same ship, later in the year. I doubt that I will do any diving on these two trips. I hate rental gear and because of my size, particulary my size 14 feet, I find it hard to find stuff that fits. Taking my own gear is out of the question, because of baggage weight and room. I do usually do the formal dining in formal wear. (My own formal US Army Blue Mess Uniform.) :balloon

Carnival Holiday - October 1994. Wife wasn't certified so I didn't dive on this cruise, but our trip to Stingray City changed her life.

Carnival Sensation - October 1995. Dove with my newly certified wife in Cozumel (Dive Paradise) - there was only one other diver beside us on this little boat. and Leslie was nervous about making her first backwards roll entry, but we loved Tormentos and Paradise reefs, and had the DM to ourselves! Dove with Aquanuts on Grand Cayman - went to Trinity Caves (spectacular swim-through) and Aquarium ( a shallow finger system with a LOT of fish).

Carnival Destiny - January 1997. In St. Thomas we took the ship's dive excursion with Dive World to Coki Beach. It was our least favorite dive experience ever! One DM for a group that included intro to dive folks as well as experienced divers. When some of the first timers had trouble descending he submerged to where we were waiting and just pointed us in the direction we should go. The current was so strong that we got to a place he said we'd see in 15 or 20 minutes in less than five. We turned around right then and I didn't think my wife would be able to make it back! Then we sat in the sand in eight feet of water with half a tank left! We dove with Cruz Bay Divers on St. Croix. The conditions weren't all that great, but we liked the diving anyway. I forget the name of the operator we used on St. Maarten, but their shop was a long walk from the ship past an industrial part of a marina. They only did single tank dives and took you out in a kodiak. Pretty good wreck/reef dive though, and a good view of Saba!

Carnival Fascination - January 1998. We dove with High Tide Watersports on Barbados and loved it/them! We were crusing with non divers so we just went to the Beach (Trunk Bay!) on St. John and on Martinique and took a hike to Middleham Falls (highly recommended) on Dominica.

Carnival Tropicale - September 1998. We took our kids and my Mom, as well as the couple that introduced my wife and I, on this five day cruise. While my Mom played with the kids in Coz, my wife and I and our friends dove with Dive Paradise. We had the boat to ourselves and thoroughly enjoyed Santa Rosa Wall and Paradise Reef! On Grand Cayman my wife and mom took the boys on a catamaran to Stinray City. Our dive operator had moved all of their boats to Morgan's Harbor ahead of Hurricane Georges, so our friends and I got to dive the North Wall, which was awesome!

Carnival Destiny - November 1999. My wife had recently had shoulder surgery so I didn't plan to dive. However I met a guy onboard that was looking for a dive buddy, so on my wife's insistence I dove on Curacao (with Underwater Curacao, at the Lion's Dive Hotel). Good dives, but the boat, shop, and rental gear weren't in great shape. We also dove with the ship's operator, Red Sail Sports, on Aruba. We had two wonderful dives, and their gear, boat, and everything else was top notch. After the Dive World fiasco I didn't think I'd ever trust the ship's tour again but Red Sail changed my mind.

Carnival Triumph - November 2000. We were with two couples, none of who dive, so we passed on diving this cruise, and instead drank more. :crafty:

Disney Magic - December 20001. Cruise for the kids, so no diving :(

Carnival Destiny - November 2002. We had a group of folks on this cruise. In addition to my wife and I my brother and another guy were divers. We did repeat dives with operators High Tide Watersports on Barbados and Red Sail Watersports on Aruba - both fantastic.

Next up: Diamond Princess, in June 2004 for our 15th anniversary. Since this is an Alaska cruise and I'm from Florida.... :wink:

And on the horizon - Carnival Miracle - November 2004. We plan to dive in Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, and Belize on this cruise. Stay tuned.....

Grand Princess 11/04 - looking forward to diving on this one!
Celebrity Galaxy 12/02
Celebrity Millennium 5/02
Celebrity Zenith 12/01
Celebrity Century 6/01
Carnival Celebration 8/00
Celebrity Horizon 8/92

Majesty of the Seas - Maiden Voyage
Monarch of the Seas - 1993
Song of Norway - Panama Canal
Song of America - 1994
Starward - 1995
Veendam - Maiden Voyage