Nai'a Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmp

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
All,

I hear this boat is awesome. Can anyone shed any light on the crew, boat, operations and diving there? Also what is the best dive months in Fiji?

Also, I was looking at the site and sent them an email but got no response. Does anyone know if they have a single supplement and what it might be in the event I have to go it alone?

Any info would be great - Im looking at 2015

Thanks inadvance.

I was on it in July for 7 days. I'd highly recommend it. Crew very good and friendly, boat a good size and surprisingly stable (apparently it has to do with keeping the sail up). Pretty big water right off the bat, and dealing with waves on surface was pretty challenging. Diving in the middle of the channel between the islands could be too rough for some people but it was just tougher than liveaboards that go to small islands where they dive in the lee of the island. Overall diving was very good with a range of critters, sharks and mantas. We even saw whales, though from the surface. A couple spots weren't the most prolific, but many others were excellent. They said it's because even though they do a great spot that the customer raves about, the next thing they say is they don't want to dive the same spot.

Without looking at the site, I'm sure they have a single supplement but you don't have to pay that. If you aren't familiar, single supplement is just if you want a two person room to yourself. If you are willing to bunk with someone else you don't know, then you just pay normal cost and they bunk you with someone. I always never pay single supplement because if the boat isn't full, you could still get a room to yourself for the same price.

Surprised they didn't answer you as they were pretty good with my communications. Perhaps it's Fiji Time (which means they are taking their time and will get around to it) Tell them "Big Bula" and they should answer.

I have the entire booked boat for a charter in the spring of 2015. The single supplement is 75% more than the double rate. We are really looking forward to it as I have only heard great things about their operation and I was able to meet the owners at DEMA and was quite impressed with them. We are going the last Saturday in April to the first Saturday in May. It is suppose to be a great time to visit.

My wife and I were on the Nai'a for 10 days in mid-May. It was terrific....food, boat, crew, diving, land visits before and after. Don't miss the zip-line near Pacific Harbour! Our trip was a REEF.org trip so we were always fish-counting, and may not have gone to the usual sites. The colors, fish abundance and diversity, topography, and corals matched anywhere we've been, including Wakatobi. All the divers were quite experienced, so I'm not sure what a normal charter is like, but the crew handled us quite well...we were given enormous freedom in terms of depths, bottom times, solo or not, etc. Some of this freedom might have been negotiated as part of the rather special nature of the trip, but in any case it was much appreciated. We'd go again....and we don't always say that.

Wow sounds awesome....still waiting on a response from them.... I will try the Big Bula!! Also good point ref the single supp. Book myself and take the chance sounds like a better option.. I am looking at a 10 day stint in '15

Thanks for all the responses....

I understand there's a fuel surcharge that get added to the overall cost of the trip. I'm sure there's some variance over time, but does anyone know how much money this can amount too?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom