NadMat...here are those photos I promised you...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
These are from today's second dive...Columbia Shallows. I didn't take my camera on the first dive because I was diving a brand new place...unchartered territory...more on that another time :wink:

eee997f5.jpg

eee997c3.jpg

eee96477.jpg

by the way, Columbia Shallows looks great! I thought I read it was completely buried in sand...I was glad to see that it was in fine shape :)

eee93b5a.jpg

eee93c04.jpg

OK...this one is not such a great picture, but this was the common scene on Columbia shallows...LOTS of fish...of ALL kinds...
eee93b1e.jpg

eee93be4.jpg

eee93af6.jpg

Christi:

Can you identify this little guy? Is it a blenny? The devils horns are throwing me off. How cute. I can't wait to get down there, I'm now less than 6 days to landing...

James,

He is a little secretary blenny...I don't have my Humann book handy to confirm with 100% certainty, but I'm pretty sure that's what he is...I just need to check some markings...

Divingnthedark:
Christi, you really are not helping me over come my addiction:wink:

That's the point :wink:

Christi:
James,

He is a little secretary blenny...I don't have my Humann book handy to confirm with 100% certainty, but I'm pretty sure that's what he is...I just need to check some markings...

I thought so. I haven't seen much in the way of blenny's in Coz, but perhaps I've been looking at the wrong things! I can't wait another week! So many new sites to see down there post Wilma.

Little guy looks like he just stepped off the set in a Dr. Who episode, big bulging eyes, strait mouth and horns....

Can you tell I'm psyched to get out of the local mud and hit my second home? Maybe one of these days there will be a computer industry there and it can be my first home....

James

James Goddard:
I thought so. I haven't seen much in the way of blenny's in Coz, but perhaps I've been looking at the wrong things! I can't wait another week! So many new sites to see down there post Wilma.

Little guy looks like he just stepped off the set in a Dr. Who episode, big bulging eyes, strait mouth and horns....

Can you tell I'm psyched to get out of the local mud and hit my second home? Maybe one of these days there will be a computer industry there and it can be my first home....

James

Oh, there are TONS of them...I'm just not good enough with macro shots yet to get decent pictures of them :)

Today I saw roughheads, red lips, sailfin, and some others...they're all over the place and tehy're my favorites :) They're jsut precious...especially the red-lipped ones!

Yes, I can! I'm hoping to dive alot the next few weeks because there is room for me on the boats...not everyday...but some days :) I'm also trying to improve my macro abilities...and start shooting some more challenging subjects.

I'm REALLY going to sleep now even though we actually have the day off tomorrow...transition day and cenote day for the people still here :)

Wow Christi, you are geting pretty dang handy with the camera!!!!!!! GREAT pics!!!!

Back
Top Bottom