N2Ition3 wrist vs console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divechik

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
If I buy the N2ition3 in a wrist mount can I remove it from that mount to put it in the console? Trying to decide whether to get console or not, but it would be nice to get wrist mount and later have option to put it in console.

If I buy the N2ition3 in a wrist mount can I remove it from that mount to put it in the console? Trying to decide whether to get console or not, but it would be nice to get wrist mount and later have option to put it in console.

I bought the N2ition3 and console at the same time. The computer was shipped without the wrist straps attached, but they were in the box with the computer. It looked like it would be simple enough to install/remove the straps as needed, but it's been a while since I've looked at the computer.

Installing the computer in the console itself is a snap; you just screw off the outer ring on the console and pop the computer in. The computer has lugs on the housing that fit into slots in the console and you can rotate the computer to any angle you like and it will stay there. I like being able to take the computer out of the console for easy cleaning, avoiding damage, and logging dives.

It is much, much more functional on your wrist then in a console as one does not have un-clip the console to monitor depth and no decommpression limits as well as not having to continually hold the console during the ascent to monitor information. Just my 2psi worth...

Thanks for all the info. I was hoping I'd have the flexibility to use it both ways.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom