n2ition guage pod

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why are they putting such a short hose on this console. I'm guessing it's about 30" rather than the standard 36". Makes it very difficult to have hose come under the arm and up to read gauges--in order to get them close enough to read/use computer--you have to re-route the hose over the shoulder--that's a pain!

I have the console in question and also noticed that the hose feels much shorter. I figured that this is due to where the spg sits in the console (HP hose runs under the thumb grip). At first, I didn't care for how the hose felt shorter using the under-the-arm route, but I'm getting used to it.

I have the console in question and also noticed that the hose feels much shorter. I figured that this is due to where the spg sits in the console (HP hose runs under the thumb grip). At first, I didn't care for how the hose felt shorter using the under-the-arm route, but I'm getting used to it.

You know what....you're 100% correct!! In all the testing and using the console, it never occured to me that we were losing about 4" of the hose inside the console! :idk:

Thanks,

Scott

Yep, this is just what I encountered. I wanted to switch to a longer hose, but you are using a hose with a narrow diameter for these consoles, so switching hoses doesn't work too well--the standard HP hose is a larger diameter so it doesn't fit into the opening on the console.

Makes it hard to correctly position the compass to read it easily (I'm talking the standard compass that you can attach, not the computer compass).

Any plans to offer a longer hose in the narrow diameter???

Back
Top Bottom