N2ition 3 deco stops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

khacken

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does the N2ition 3 give you any sort of leeway on the depth of your stops? For instance, if I have a stop at 10 feet, will the timer stop if I drift down to 11 feet? I know going to 9 feet really makes the computer angry, but I would think 11 feet should clear the deco, just maybe not as fast.

Most computers allow few feet below the stop before they get picky. Past that it depends on the computer. Some will stop counting down the stop whiel some will just start counting down the stop time slower - maybe one minute credit for every minute and a half spent at the too deep depth.

It will be interesting to see what Zeagle says.

I can't answer for the N2ition3, but I have the regular N2ition, and I've gone into deco several times with it. It sets the ceiling, and as long as you don't exceed the ceiling, it's counting down while you're ascending. The last deco dive I did with it I was at 90 fsw, and incurred 10 minutes of deco with a 10 foot ceiling. I was in Cozumel, and started slowly working my way up, since almost every dive there is multilevel. I did a half stop for one minute, then verrrry slowly ascended. The computer cleared deco well before I ever reached safety stop depth of 18-20 fsw. As DA said, it probably just counts it down slower the deeper you are......

I hope that is what is going on. It was hard to tell without the seconds counting down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom