Mysterious threads on manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CWC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just bought a used Dive Rite 300 bar manifold. The previous owner did not have the lock nuts that prevent the isolator from turning. I ordered a pair of the nuts, along with a pair of valve plugs (in case I decide to use the tanks independently). The nuts and plugs did not fit. I found that the thread pitch on my manifold is coarser than the the threads on the replacement nuts and plugs. I initially assumed I had an older version of the manifold, that used a different thread pitch. I asked a Dive Rite dealer about this, and was told that Dive Rite has used the same thread pitch since they began making manifolds. My manifold has several markings on it...04-07 248 10162. Can a Dive Rite pro please help me? What do I have, and does Dive Rite still have replacement parts for it?

well as Dive Rite has never actually made manifolds there is a slight issue there, but your best course of action is emailing DR directly with a picture of the valve, they'll get you taken care of

well as Dive Rite has never actually made manifolds there is a slight issue there, but your best course of action is emailing DR directly with a picture of the valve, they'll get you taken care of

I was hoping Dive Rite could provide an answer here on SB, based on the model numbers I provided. I'm sure I'm not the only person that has this manifold with a strange threading, so I thought in the future this might be a useful post for someone else. If I don't get an answer here, then I will contact them directly.

Back
Top Bottom