Myrtle Beach Dive Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaNurse758

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just wanted to get a few ideas from folks about good outfitters in the Myrtle Beach area.... I'll be there the first week in August and so far I have been limited to internet searches and have mainly seen Coastal Scuba and Nu Horizons. Anybody have any pro's or con's about these or any other operations? So far my experience is limited to quarries, springs, and the Carribean, so I'm excited about a little different change of scenery. Any and all advice/input would be appreciated.

Jordan.

I'm trying to find some of the same info your are also requesting. So far I have found out that Nu Horizon does like a 6 person charter and they are more for like a group of divers versus just one person. A place you might try out is Express Watersports in Murrells Inlet
( South of Myrtle Beach about 10-15 mins Express Water Sports - Myrtle Beach Scuba, Parasail, Kayak & dolphin watch & Ocean Sightseeing, Banana Boat And jet skis in Myrtle Beach South Carolina - Home). I just booked a refresher course through them and I am trying to find info about dive sites. I started a thread in Deep Dixie forum and also the NC wreck diver forum about Myrtle Beach.

I found another website NCdivers.com. They have a nice thread on Myrtle Beach dive ops in the "Planning a trip to the NC coast" forum. Hope this helps.

+1 for Express Watersports. I replied to al248005's post in the NC wreck section, but to save you the time, Express is a great operation. I dived with them in July about 2 years ago. We did the Bill Perry, Tugboat, and Goldfinch Reef. Viz varried from 5 to about 30 feet. Take seasickness preventatives. We had several people each boat trip that got sick.

Their boats are well maintained and the staff was friendly and helpful. Also, their dock is right across the street from their shop, making things easier for departure in the morning.

Feel free to ask any questions or PM me if you want more info.

Thanks for the info. After reading on here a few other threads I had about settled on Express, and made a call to the office. Taylor was very helpful and I think I'm gonna at least do the advanced dive on Tuesday, and maybe another dive later in the week. I'll let ya'll know how it goes. Thanks again.

Jordan.

has anyone dove Rush Reef from Express Watersports??

after reading mostly negative things about Coastal Scuba.. my other choice is Express.. but the only dive while Ill be in Myrtle is Rush Reef..

Coastal is offering Barracuda Alley and Sherman

any info would be appreciated.

I dove with Express. I went out with them in July and dove the Goldfinch reef. As far as the dive site, I think it's pretty standard the farther you go out the better the viz is. They are a really great crew. They are very friendly and take the time to make sure everyone has a buddy to dive with. Their boat is top notch also. I plan on doing a lot more dives with them in the coming years while on vacation. I have also heard some horror stories to about Coastal.

I cant find this "Rush Reef" that is listed on their schedule for the last week in September on their Dive map..

I have been diving with Express and Coastal for 15yrs. Back in the 90's I liked Coastal better. Better sites. Better boat. More progressive.

Now days I prefer Express, for the same reasons.

Note: 1.5 hrs north one can find good offshore diving in Wilmington NC with Aquatic Safaries and Cape Fear Dive Center.

1.5 hrs south one can find good offshore diving with Charleston Scuba

my biggest problem now is probably the low selection of dive sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom