Myrtle Beach area in December?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sngatlanta

Reaction score
Myrtle Beach in December.
I will be working in Myrtle Beach for the next 2 weeks and was wondering about diving if I get a couple of Sundays off. I don’t mind driving a little ways north or south. What are the conditions this time of year? Recommended sites (I’m not an advanced diver just OW with about 35 warm water dives so no ripping currents please, I’ll deal with the temps), Operators? Maybe get my AOW while there?

sngatlanta:
I will be working in Myrtle Beach for the next 2 weeks and was wondering about diving if I get a couple of Sundays off. I don’t mind driving a little ways north or south. What are the conditions this time of year? Recommended sites (I’m not an advanced diver just OW with about 35 warm water dives so no ripping currents please, I’ll deal with the temps), Operators? Maybe get my AOW while there?
I PMed you.

sngatlanta:

www.coastalscuba.com in North Myrtle Beach
www.aquaticsafaris.com in Wilmington

John

sngatlanta:

There are 2 dive ops in the MB area.

Coastal Scuba (see link above) has a shop along hwy 17 in North Myrtle Beach.

Dolphin Dive Charter (http://www.dolphindivecharter.com/) does not have a shop but you can call the phone number on the webpage and see if they are going out. The boat is docked at the Anchor Marina in North MB. I was told that the boat might head elsewhere for the winter, but it was still there in late November. I think they also book some trip via Nu Horizons (http://www.southcarolinadive.com/travel.html)

Let us know how it goes if you find a trip.

sngatlanta:
We dove a couple of wrecks with Express Watersports out of Murrells Inlet a couple years ago. Murrells Inlet is about 15-20 min. south of Myrtle Beach. They have some great restaurants in that area. We dove the Bill Perry and 11 Mile Tugboat wrecks, The Perry was about 60 fsw, the Tugboat closer to 40'. Both easy dives although the visibility wasn't that great in the summer.

http://www.expresswatersports.com/scuba/index.htm

Back
Top Bottom