My wimpy first Solo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have only 3 solo dives but plan on adding many more (with my buddy 19cf pony). I was a bit concerned the first time but planning and love of diving got me back in. I was able to focus on my skills and look at what I wanted without a tank breathing buddy. PS I didn't tell my OW, AOW, or Rescue instructors when we talked about diving. I thought about it and then the words of my OW instructor floated through my head (never, never enter the water without your buddy.) I just share my solo dive experiences with my local tech. dive shop. There I gain so much more knowledge, with people who really do it.

Wimpy? Not a chance. It would never cross my mind to boat dive without someone on board. As all of my boat dives are ocean dives and in South Florida, squalls are common and could blow the boat out of range if not attended, not to mention you have a good chance of someone stealing it if unattended among other local environmental conditions. As far as depth goes I guess that is where tropical diving has it's advantages. Not much more to see at 60 ft than at 30 ft. So you could solo dive a lifetime at 30 ft and never exhaust the things to oggle at.

Back
Top Bottom