My wimpy first Solo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
(I just ordered that, thanks)

...then can I say I'm "trained"?

Definitely!

Reading, or watching a DVD, then visualizing, and then going out and practicing, is indeed training; self-training. Take it slow, though, and follow his points.

Basically, von Maier teaches you to plan and execute very conservative solo dives. And he defines what that means, customizing it for every individual diver.

BTW, i own that book......I have been learning and reading about solo for about a year.....I was not eager to try it to soon. I will be going out this next week again.

Kim:
Wow! Internet diving instruction has arrived!!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Please stay safe!

It seems PadI beat us to internet non training. I see inteenet discussions by persons interested in a subject and knowledgeable in that subject as being just as relevent as purchasing a book or going to a Solo C card class given by somebody who may have no credentials or only a few dives under there belt and simply want to bring in cash froma Solo Cert Class. I wager there are more experts here than there. Any reasonably intelligent adult knows how to filter for BS, jokes, ribbing etc.

N

Wimpy ?
Isn't he that guy that hangs with Popeye and eats Hamburgers without paying for them till Tuesday ???

I didn't know he was a scuba diver :D

Your first solo dive was nothing to worry about in my eyes. Being comfortable with your skills is key and safe diving is smart diving. My first solo was to about 40 ft. for 30 min. In a quarry. But that was shorter than I had planned, and my girlfriend was on the dock keeping tabs on my bubbles and time. Everyone starts somewhere.

No dive is a "wimpy" dive if the diver has the correct attitude.

This ain't a sport to prove how macho a person is. So, the term "wimpy" just doesn't fit.

hollywood703:
I do have a 30cf Pony also.

That pony is truly your best dive buddy; do you have pony regulator attached with necklace?

Get ready for 'knowing' looks from a LOT of divers who will think you are completely reckless and 'breaking SCUBA law' by choosing to solo.

Discretion is advised!

:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom