My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep. No silt in caves..................:wink:

:D I won't be in them any time soon, either!

Unlesss . . . . . :hm: I could take a video and set off the cave diving forum . . . :popcorn:

Thanks, Rob! :)

Thick silt . . . another reason to not dive cold, dark, murky mountain lakes!

Lake Pleasant is not that bad. I've had some pretty good dives there. It's a shame they put a marina in at Scorpion Bay, though!

Lake Pleasant is not that bad. I've had some pretty good dives there. It's a shame they put a marina in at Scorpion Bay, though!

What's your favorite dive spot, now that Scorpion Bay is closed to water access?

A question on trim weights . . .

Let's take the following as a given: I don't want to mount the weights permanently on the shoulder straps because of the royal PITA of removing them for flight, and messing up my configuration.

So, I picked up some XS Scuba weight pockets, and the stinking things have a 4" sheath on the back. I do not have four inches of clear shoulder strap.

Q: How, or what weight pouches, might I attach on the Nomad XT top or shoulder straps that use less than 2" of webbing turf, if on the shoulder webbing?

Thanks!

A question on trim weights . . .

Let's take the following as a given: I don't want to mount the weights permanently on the shoulder straps because of the royal PITA of removing them for flight, and messing up my configuration.

So, I picked up some XS Scuba weight pockets, and the stinking things have a 4" sheath on the back. I do not have four inches of clear shoulder strap.

Q: How, or what weight pouches, might I attach on the Nomad XT top or shoulder straps that use less than 2" of webbing turf, if on the shoulder webbing?

Thanks!

Use zip ties to get your trim weight right then You could alway sew the pockets on rather then fighting with the webbing.

What's your favorite dive spot, now that Scorpion Bay is closed to water access?

Two Cow. Lots of great features there...for a lake... :wink:

Oxycheq weight pockets or OMS weight pockets.

Two Cow. Lots of great features there...for a lake... :wink:

Oxycheq weight pockets or OMS weight pockets.

The Oxychecq pouch looks just like the XS Scuba. The problem is that the 2" wide webbing goes horizontally along the back for 4" length. You shove in the 2" webbing, and you just lost 4" on your strap. In my case, I don't HAVE 4" of space. :hm: Maybe I should cut it and have it resewn.

The OMS doesn't look the same, but the dimensions are about the same as the XS scuba. <sigh>

I'll just ziptie a couple of 2lb soft weights to the straps for now, and keep looking.

Not sure what the XS pocket looks like, but you won't lose 4" of strap with the Oxycheq pockets. You only lose 2". One of my students had them on his Nomad.

The Oxychecq pouch looks just like the XS Scuba. The problem is that the 2" wide webbing goes horizontally along the back for 4" length. You shove in the 2" webbing, and you just lost 4" on your strap. In my case, I don't HAVE 4" of space. :hm: Maybe I should cut it and have it resewn.

The OMS doesn't look the same, but the dimensions are about the same as the XS scuba. <sigh>

I'll just ziptie a couple of 2lb soft weights to the straps for now, and keep looking.
I will post up a picture of the Oxycheq pouches for you in the morning. I have them on my bp/w setup. I think that they could take up only 2" of your webbing.

Anyone know of a sidemount instructor in MA or NY. I have one in mind, but shes from Fairfax VA I don't what to travel 8hr for a weekend course if I don't have too.

On the other hand I'll be diving the Milbrook Quarry, I was told it's a nice dive site made for divers only.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom