my Valentine Day pressie-a new light...now what??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almity, don't put the can on a camband if you're diving a bp/w, put it on your waistband on the side w/o a buckle. Add another buckle to keep it from sliding around. I put it on my right hip, back snug against my plate. Then the light is in my left hand, as mentioned to avoid blinding anybody when donating gas. The cord should be about the right length that it's not too floppy when routed this way across your body. Enjoy the new light!

Don't forget to attach a bolt-snap to the head so you can secure it out of the way when not in use. Snap it to a shoulder ring and it doesn't get smashed under a tank on the dive boat either. I guess the split ring is meant for that but it violates the "no metal to metal" rule. Nice light. I bet it holds up better to droping on a concrete barge section than my MR10 HID:(

Don't forget to attach a bolt-snap to the head so you can secure it out of the way when not in use. Snap it to a shoulder ring and it doesn't get smashed under a tank on the dive boat either. I guess the split ring is meant for that but it violates the "no metal to metal" rule. Nice light. I bet it holds up better to droping on a concrete barge section than my MR10 HID:(

yep, first thing i did and its real easy to access and use and doesnt dangle

almity, don't put the can on a camband if you're diving a bp/w, put it on your waistband on the side w/o a buckle. Add another buckle to keep it from sliding around. I put it on my right hip, back snug against my plate. Then the light is in my left hand, as mentioned to avoid blinding anybody when donating gas. The cord should be about the right length that it's not too floppy when routed this way across your body. Enjoy the new light!

never thought to attach it here.... i will have to give it a try so thanks for the advise!

cheers

I'm going to have to add this to my must buy list. Diverite says it use regular AA batteries, very nice. How many? 8? 12?

Edit: Found it, 8.

Your hubby is brilliant. I'm gonna by my wife one so that I can use it.
well to be honest, i dont think hubby wants to use it.... he has his camera so im his critter finder
cant post a pic as hubby is actually out diving right now with it...but he didnt ask me first!

Hmmm.:D

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh - this is an aussie only release, refer this thread

Looks like our version is just a cord you can add onto the the 500 lumen flashlight. Still not bad at 12 hours at full power from AAs. Maybe we'll get lucky and they eventually bring the Aussie version stateside.
Dive Rite 500 Lumen LED Primary Light

hhehehe - yesss... well... yesterday hubby got his new set of gear (he is sponsored by a dive manufacturer) so he didnt want to task load with brand new equipment and camera so he was spotter for his buddies and did a good job as he found the pygmie pipehorses!

this is what the little buggers look like... very sneeky and very tiny
PygmiewhatC1.jpg

Looks like our version is just a cord you can add onto the the 500 lumen flashlight. Still not bad at 12 hours at full power from AAs. Maybe we'll get lucky and they eventually bring the Aussie version stateside.
Dive Rite 500 Lumen LED Primary Light

i quickly took a battery pic this morning,
DRCanbattery.jpg

oh, and yesterday hubbys buddy had a GF and he said the DR torch outperformed the GF one and hopefully today he will find out the model that was being used.

cheers

Nice!

I've been looking hard at the 500 lum version in the US. Glad you like it!

500 lum is about what a 10 watt HID throws. I have a Sartek that I really like, but I've been wanting something that is more useful topside.

So, what did you give your hubby for VDay!

have i said that i LOVE this torch yet??

todays dive, 6ft viz, green & surgy with 2 photographers, me at the rear

the divers were saying they could see the beam even with me at the back of the group and when we lost contact with eachother, which happened at least 3 times in todays viz, i did a slow circle like a lighthouse and the divers saw the light and came to me each time

i tried the can on the waistband but wasnt really sold on it... might try it again.

cheers

Back
Top Bottom