My son?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverKY321

Reaction score
My son is 13 an loves to dive with me, he has dived with me since he was 9, he is a certified Junior diver, and he wants a Full Face Mask like mine. Would it be bad for a kid to have one of these masks, and would it irritate him in any way? Do they make Full Face Masks this small, not really small but medium small. Thanks

Are you diving a full face mask because of your occupation?

If not what are the benefits of diving the full face mask?

Does your son know how to handle OOA situations using a full face mask? Diving with a full face mask and having a buddy with a regular mask?

Personally I think that these are things that you should think about. I don't know anything about full face masks, but these are thing I'd consider.

I dive a Full Face mask because i don't want to loose a regulator and it has a better seal around my face than a regular half face mask. Could my son use one, yes he is trained in ooa situations.

The new Poseidon FFMs have a size small, they just came out & I'm not sure just how small they run tho.
The critters are retailing at $750, $595 w/o reg.
That's getting close to the price of a beater KMB Bandmask, which will have little problem fitting on a small face.

What kind of mask are you using now?

Back
Top Bottom