My screw up is my motivation!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepseamurse

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A few months back, I picked up a waterproof D7 at a fair price thinking it would fit me. It fits, but its tight around the stomach. Having been in nursing school for an entire year and not giving a damn about anything outside of the hospital made me gain a good amount of weight and a much larger beer belly. I havent dove in over a year and Im getting the itch do dive one of my local lakes. My main goal for this year is to fit in my drysuit. Last week I started going back to the gym, taking longer hikes, and eating healthy and already I am feeling better. I know theres no instant weightloss or 6-pack abs trick I can do, but Im happy with the results im getting so far and if it takes a year to fit in that damn suit, I'll do it.

I applaud your efforts to improve your health and understanding the perspective that it is a long road without shortcuts. Good on you and good luck. There is an overwhelming amount of info and apps out there to guide and motivate you so the only advice I will offer is keep yourself hydrated.

-Z

A few months back, I picked up a waterproof D7 at a fair price thinking it would fit me. It fits, but its tight around the stomach. Having been in nursing school for an entire year and not giving a damn about anything outside of the hospital made me gain a good amount of weight and a much larger beer belly. I havent dove in over a year and Im getting the itch do dive one of my local lakes. My main goal for this year is to fit in my drysuit. Last week I started going back to the gym, taking longer hikes, and eating healthy and already I am feeling better. I know theres no instant weightloss or 6-pack abs trick I can do, but Im happy with the results im getting so far and if it takes a year to fit in that damn suit, I'll do it.

Good idea! We all need a bit of motivation and fitting into an expensive drysuit is as good as any. I made the opposite mistake when I bought my last DS a couple of years ago. I'd put on a little weight over the years so decided to up-size for comfort this time around. Unfortunately psychologically, my body has decided to expand to fill the empty space. :(

People say SCUBA is risky, but if it motivates us to lose weight and stay healthy, than it could be SAVING our lives!

... and already I am feeling better. ...
The exercise you love to hate............Just do 15 burpee's right now in front of your computer. You'll hate me

I lost 60 pounds in 2010 with counting calories and I used the myfitnesspal app on my phone to make it easy to manage. I have kept most of the weight off. I lose weight in the kitchen, not on my bike or in the gym. Exercise makes me hungry. I exercise for health. I manage my intake to manage my weight.

Good luck. I lost 2 lbs a week and the scale was my motivator to keep after it. The gym came at the end. Before and after. 8 months apart.

IMG_8526.jpeg
IMG_0770.jpg

People say SCUBA is risky, but if it motivates us to lose weight and stay healthy, than it could be SAVING our lives!
People say riding bikes on the road is risky but.....
Every year 400 people are killed by cars while on their bikes
Every year 4,000 people are killed by cars while walking
Every year 40,000 people are killed while riding in a car.
Every year 400,000 people are killed by heart disease.
Ride your bike. It has fewer zeros.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom