My Philippines trip report is up.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
bull.jpg

I completed my latest dive trip report for the Philippines link.

I spent five weeks in-country traveling to some new locations as well as re-visiting others.

This report is inclusive of my four trips to the Philippines.

No doubt it will be controversial as respects dive locations but it is only my opinion and one from and amateur underwater photographers viewpoint. Some of you may classify it as a product of the animal in the above photo.

Thanks in advance for reading it.

Very cool, Glad you are home...

Great report and pictures, may want to expand on "target rich" for macro or wide-angle shots. I found that the Batangas/PG areas great for macro but not for wide-angles due to the limited visibility at times, the Batangas waters has a greenish tint to it, and not too many "big" stuff like large schools of fish.

The Central Philippines or the Visayas is target rich for the wide-angle stuff, large schools of fish, soft coral gardens and better vis. The small stuff for macro is also there but I found myself too busy marveling at the wide-angle opportunities.

You are also correct about traveling in the Philippines, my advice is don't...and next time you may want to limit your travels on live aboard diving to the Sulu Sea (Tubattaha Reefs) or the Visayas. I am not sure how much night diving ( I mean the scuba kind) you did in the Philippines but the night dives are the second part of diving there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom