My Philippines trip photos are up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Dennis:
Where did you guys see the Pygmy Seahorses Jim? We couldn't find any after the last Typhoon...:shakehead

I am having a hard time remembering the exact dive sites but I am betting they were in Bohol not Sabang. I do remember one Pgymy Seahorse was on a tan colored Sea Fan and the Sea Horse was the exact same color. I could barely see it let alone photograph it. I tried a few shots but couldn't find it in the photos.

I know the feeling trying to shoot those guys. I finally got a few decent shots on my last trip. One of my problems is that I use a drop in prescription mask so I can focus on things far away but since I don't wear glasses to read, I have to have someone point them out and hope for the best because I can't focus on them.

Diver Dennis:
I know the feeling trying to shoot those guys. I finally got a few decent shots on my last trip. One of my problems is that I use a drop in prescription mask so I can focus on things far away but since I don't wear glasses to read, I have to have someone point them out and hope for the best because I can't focus on them.

I had my contact lenses in and still could hardly see it.

All beautiful pics, Jim. Really enjoyed the whole album.

Jim,

Wonderful pics. It must have been hard to pick the ones to post. I really like the nudi's and the Two Spot Goby is really nice. Interesting colors.

Did you stay at a dive resort, if so which one? I've got to show your pics to my daughter and my wife (she's from the Philippines). We are planning to return next summer ('08) for a couple of weeks of vacation. :D Hope to see half as much as you did! Thanks for sharing your wonderful pics!

Beautiful shots (as usual). Everytime I talk myself into getting a DSLR I just have to look at your photos to convince me that it's the photographer... not the camera.

Diver Dennis:
Great shots Jim. Looks like your trip was a real success.

Alcina, all the Orangutan Crabs I've seen in Sabang have been living on bubble corals. Come to think of it I can't remember seeing them on anything except bubble corals.

Me neither, I'll check with the DM's there, but I'm pretty sure that's their exclusive habitat.

Simply awesome, Jim! Now, I can't wait for my April trip. Thanks for sharing. :wink:

Ed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom