My PADI OW Course Start Tomorrow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeffman once bubbled...
What courses would you recommend I look into after completing my open water certification?
You might want to look into Dry Suit Diving. The water can get pretty cold up your way, no?

Forgot to mention that I'm taking the drysuit course at the same time as my OW. And yes it does get very cold, even in the summer!

::Can't wait till thursday when I'll be diving in my own backyard, the pacific ocean!::

Jeffman,
Good luck with your class! Btw, that's a nice backyard you have there...I just have a cow pasture beyond my fence

:rolleyes:

Jeffman once bubbled...
What courses would you recommend I look into after completing my open water certification? I though of taking advance, and nitrox diving. This would allow me to go see some of the wrecks around Vancouver Island.

Get some dives under your belt.........like 40 or so. Thats the best thing. Advanced OW is only a doorway to more training, you can get a good idea of what youre interested in with 40 or more dives.

That said, I think all divers should be at least Rescue certified..........thats just my opinion though

tiny bubbles

Had a blast today, instructor was friendly and very knowledgeable. Did modules 1, 2, and 3, can’t wait till tomorrow where I’ll get to use a drysuit.

My friend and I are considering getting a 6 month rental package each. It is $300 CAN, but it only includes a wetsuit. We agreed on waiting a little before singing up for the advance course. Also want to look into nitrox training.

Should be a hoot!

Back
Top Bottom