My own little bit of nostalgia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually I could finish the dive without the mask at all. Just be hard to see my guages. I was just reading NWGratefulls story about a diver that freaked out on him because his mask filled with water. Then the guy really freaked and spit his reg out. Then I started wondering how the dude got certified in the first place.
Last time I dove Key west, a nurse shark knocked my mask off. My fault though. It was sleeping up under a ledge and I was taking pics of it and decided I wanted to get some pics of its face. I started easing it out from under the ledge, and BAM! He exploded on me. Knocked my mask all the way off. I picked it up and put it back on and cleared it, no big deal, but my instabuddy (lady fron Chicago) was about fifty feet away blowing bubbles and giving me the twin finger salute.
Oops.

Hey, you're talking about me! Of course, diving in 40* water solo might have something to do with the way I dress :eyebrow:

That octo clip was shot by my friend Stuart T. We have lucked out this year by being able to spot octos like that on nearly every dive. I finally got a camera and I'll edit in a link to the first video I made recently (8 minutes long).
Here it is:
Stuarts hunt for an Octo

Here's my second video. I shot this yesterday while soloing (and futzing with my camera). It's already in the basic discussion forum but I'll link it again as I am a shameless hussy:
Dales PSA

Awesome man! For the record I do support drysuits, because being cold SUUUUCKS! It's just all the other reduh-dancy that isn't for me. I suppose if I was diving the Doria or something then I would need jersey uplines and all that stuff, but for now a cotton harness and my mark 1 buoyancy compensation device (lungs) are all I need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom