My openwater qualifying dives, I was not good enough.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is a SCARY report on training dives. Geez!
I was certifying four students last weekend, took them to a local site for the two dives on Sunday and it was rather windy there. The chop was maybe 1 foot waves....
I aborted the dives before we even got out of our vehicles and drive 1/2 hour to a calmer site.
Boat dive in 7 foot waves?? I would be scared to do that even with 18 years experience!
Like everyone here has said already, continue your training and diving, that's extremely good on you for wanting to continue! But please, find a different dive shop and report the old one to the proper agency. Cover your legal butt!

The course being broken is one of the reasons I will redo it.

This may sound self flagellating, but I will only start enjoying the marine life if I am well trained, fit and comfortable with all the aspects of diving. Both my life and the life of my diving buddy depends on this.
Exactly what my instructor believes, with adding one more thing to that ... if your well trained, then any underwater "surprises" you might have at some later date will not scare you away from diving and you will stay in the sport and be another good shepherd for our oceans

This should never have happened like it did, form start to finish. And those were completely unacceptable conditions for your check dives. I can say, however, that if you do not give up, you are going to make one Hell of a diver one day.
Heal, and then find a true instructor. Oh, and please report this ridiculous person who ran your class. She was not any type of true instructor, if she did all the things the way you report.
You got robbed, but you came through it. Don't give up.
Dee's post sums up my feelings, I think you will make a great and thoughtful diver

OMG :shocked2:

kasdeva, if you are as calm, clear-thinking and committed to proper safe diving as you appear in your post just let me say I would be pleased and confident to dive with you. :thumbs_up:

I just want to point out for anyone who wants to give suggestions to the OP about completing his training that the thread is well over 2 months old now. In other threads he has revealed that he is a certified diver now pursuing his post certification experiences.

I just want to point out for anyone who wants to give suggestions to the OP about completing his training that the thread is well over 2 months old now. In other threads he has revealed that he is a certified diver now pursuing his post certification experiences.
Great to see that he's got Rescue under his belt as well :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom