My old repair Manuals.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eelpout

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
As I am going through my library of diving books i realize that it is time to sell these valuable manuals from Scubapro. The first one is the first Scubapro Technical Service Manual I got when I became a Scubapro deal in the 90's. Good old Pete Wolfinger was my rep for one year before he retired. This manual was authored by Pete, who later on took a lot of the information he had in this manual and published his book "Regulator Savy". I got so many updates in the first two years I had to split the manual into 2 binders. The other three publications are Technical Education Workbooks. They were used to review the regulator lines and the updates they have made to parts to improve their regulator line. I have attended so many repair clinics in the 30 years I was in business and I can say from my experience Scubapro always had the best clinics. Up to 2 years ago they still have the same format. The last Workbook I have is my Expert Tec Seminar Schematics "Jewels from Jules" It is an update on what parts are still available from SP. Good source of information if you have an older reg from Scubapro.

I also have some Sherwood repair manuals that I have had for a while. I originally posted them on this forum because it was my target market, the people who want to repair their own gear. They moved it to the classified section for regulators.

Jim

How valuable is this SP info? :wink:

Yes, they are in the classifieds because I want to rid myself of manuals that I don;t need anymore. I will not get rid of any valued books because my daughter is a diver and I am sure my grand kids will be divers.

The value rests in the future owner's need for specific details on working on these companies regulators. The SP manuals give you updates that people talk about on here all the time, over the years SP has changed their 2nd stage poppets and you have to know which one works with the older or newer models. For me, they were used as a reference when older regs came to my repair bench, I didn't need to look at them for the regs that I worked on on a regular basis.

Jim

I also have one of these I need to sell. I will probably list it on my online store at www.theSCUBAmuseum.com but feel free to contact me earlier if I dont get it on there before you see this post. I am clearing out a lot of old books, pamphlets and manuals there and on ebay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom