My NEW Zeagle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

imwright1985

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So I have had a Zeagle Night Runner for years, been through 3 pocket restitches (thanks mom!!!), faded to being brown, and wore all the velcro out on it (it still works great too, but is getting bumped to my backup gear collection). Called Zeagle the other day to see if they could fix it up and it was going to be about 70 bucks. As soon as I heard that I was upset because it was more than my bc is worth to fix........So i went out and bought a Ranger. I love this company and from the way my friends and I have been treated in the past and the way the gear has worked I doubt I will willingly dive another BC.

So I have attached my final dive pic with my night runner from about 80ft deep

262932_2240782827839_1496103900_32486133_7066632_n.jpg

I agree with you completely about Zeagle... great products, great company.

Just curious... I've had a Zeagle Escape for years, as well... couple hundred dives on it before it went into my "backup cache," and it hasn't begun to fade appreciably, velcro is mostly intact, never needed anything re-sewn. Based on your profile, you have less than 50 total dives... Did you inherit/acquire the Zeagle already well worn?

Enjoy the Ranger... it's an incredible BC...

The Ranger rocks. I have been in debates about BPWs and other types of BCDs but to date nothing has equalled the Ranger in my honest opinion. The only downside and thats if you really want to call it that is that the ranger is rather bulky and challenging to pack. Other then that there is not one single thing about it I would change!

Just curious... I've had a Zeagle Escape for years, as well... couple hundred dives on it before it went into my "backup cache," and it hasn't begun to fade appreciably, velcro is mostly intact, never needed anything re-sewn. Based on your profile, you have less than 50 total dives... Did you inherit/acquire the Zeagle already well worn?

I started counting when I was certified 2 years ago. At the same time i got certified I got a job in retail so my diving schedule has been sabatoged since then. I have used the BC for about 6 years or so, and it has probably a few hundred dives on it

I bought my Ranger new about a dozen years ago right after I got certified. The attractive thing about it was the modular sizing. As you can see by my username, I'm kinda tall with an athletic build from my college bball playing days (290lbs). The Ranger design allowed me to select an XL size for the upper part but a smaller LG for the waist section.

I have to admit that I dove the most with it in the early years and getting married/having kids has slowed down the amount of diving I get to do considerably...I'm lucky to do a few a year and there have been years where I haven't gotten into the water at all. But my Zeagle is still there and in great shape, waiting for me. I'll be using it next weekend. And my wife is planning to get certified in time for our vacation in Hawaii in 2012...she's missed every vacation dive since our honeymoon. I told her I'm not going into the water again on vacation without her. Maybe there's a woman's Zeagle with her name on it if she completes the course.

Ryan, what is that reflective stuff on your face? Also, your power inflator is dandling askew on your back. :cool2:

I dive with an old Escape, the one with ripcord and plastic D rings. Can I ask you what you upgraded to?

Adam

I dive with an old Escape, the one with ripcord and plastic D rings. Can I ask you what you upgraded to?

Adam
"Upgraded" isn't really the right word, since I still dive the Escape (also, the old model, with the ripcord, and Delrin D-rings).
I did a short stint with a TransPac (didn't really like the way it trimmed, and sold it). Then bought a Dimension i3. I love it... and use it for local dives (still travel with the Escape). The i3 on the Dimension is a totally different approach -- it's fun, if you're just doing recreational.
Now, I'm getting into side mount with a Hollis SMS100.

If I were to buy another recreational BC right now, it would be a Zeagle Stiletto.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom