My New Years Day dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BradnerBoy

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Happy New Year.

Sorry I missed the trek to Porteau. I'm sure it was a good time.

I managed a couple dives here (Maui), but the vis was less than stellar given the pretty strong surf. Lots of sand floating about causing virtually 0 vis. On the return from the outer reef at Ulua Bay (Dale, Kyle - don't worry, you'll see it first hand soon enough), we had to navigate the entire way back to the beach. Come to think of it, it was kinda like diving back home in the summer :wink:

Our second dive at 5 Graves was better, but still not great vis. We saw a ton of life and a lot of different species of moray eels.

Here's a short video and a couple stills I put together and posted to You Tube. "Peter", in the movie, is Peter Nielsen, for those that know him.

YouTube - Eels, eels and more eels

And Dale; you're gonna love making movies here :D

Thanks for the update Todd, nice to know our roving reporter is earning his pay.

Tell Hunter to keep his eyes on his SPG and not the bikinis :eyebrow:
Hey Todd, glad to hear you hooked up with peter for some diving. Happy New Year to you and the Family. Nice video. I see you made it to the outer reef at Ulua. Did you find any of the caves at Makena? It sounds the south swells are affecting the shore dives. I've noticed on b&b scubas dive logs they quite often say the south swells kept them at Molokini for both dives. Enjoy the rest of your trip and diving. We are going out to Kelvin Sunday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom