My *new* wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmdalton once bubbled...
What are the fittings that angle down at 45 degrees off of each cross connector?
Those are genuine 45 degree pvc fittings... bought 'em at Lowes.

I happened to have most of the rest of the stuff on hand :D

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

Those are genuine 45 degree pvc fittings... bought 'em at Lowes.

I happened to have most of the rest of the stuff on hand :D
I meant whqt do you use them for? If you came up with an new attachment I want to do it to mine as well. I'll have to post the lift bag dryer mod!

Dave D

canuckdiver once bubbled...
1. UP, can you take a picture of how that wing mounts to the plastic backplate for me? something I have been wondering for a while...
The upper attachment is velcro around the *handle* at the top of the backpack.

The Lower attachments are velcro around slots in the bottom.

The metal tank band goes through slots in the wing.

I wanted to use this on a slightly smaller backpack but I will have to sewn a different upper attachment point onto the wing case.

dmdalton once bubbled...
I meant whqt do you use them for?
I use them to direct some air flow into the sleeves to dry them out.... the amount of air that comes out through them is just right without modification.

BTW... I used 1 1/4 PVC pipe and fittings. For the T's that hold the blower I used 1 1/4 x 1 x 1 1/4 as the 1" fit the blower ends perfectly (with a little encouragement from a file.)

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

The upper attachment is velcro around the *handle* at the top of the backpack.

The Lower attachments are velcro around slots in the bottom.

The metal tank band goes through slots in the wing.

I wanted to use this on a slightly smaller backpack but I will have to sewn a different upper attachment point onto the wing case.

great! Thanks UP!
I've got one of those backplates with an OLD set of tank bands for doubles. was playing with it during the summer using a horse collar with it, but would like to attach a wing somehow.

That gives me some good ideas!:sweetdev:

canuckdiver once bubbled...
I've got one of those backplates with an OLD set of tank bands for doubles.
This one was set up with steel hoops for twins too... you can see the holes punched in the plastic for the bolts! The wing was made by Sea Quest of Canada... don't know for sure if it is the same as the one Leadweight mentioned that is available from LB.

Does anyone know if there is a connection between Sea Quest and SeaTec?

Too bad there really is nothing like that easily available in the US.
There will be soon... just working out the final specs. :wink:

SeaTec used to (and still does) make a lot of OEM sold under other brands, don't know if Sea Quest was one of them, but would have to guess maybe not.
LB's is from the original SeaTec folks (Seahorse).

SeaTec website: http://www.4seatec.com

very nice folks there.

Sorry, UP, but my first thought was, "You're actually going to be seen in public in that?!" I guess I'm as shallow as all the people on the hottest male/female threads ... :wink:

My second thought was, "No boot on your tank." I've been wondering about the boots on my steel 72's. I'm concerned about possible rust under them, but I don't know how I would get my rig together if the tank doesn't stand up. Why don't you have a boot on your tank, and how do you get your equipment together without one?

Also, back to the knives .... How do you get a cheapo/different knife to fit a dive scabbard/sheath?

Shadow once bubbled...
I don't know how I would get my rig together if the tank doesn't stand up.
Why disassemble it in the first place. I leave my rigs together most of the time any way.

But assembly with out a boot isn't a big deal... I can manage to hold the tank upright and still put the backpack/wing onto it.

In all fairness though... in the second picture you will see the tank in a boot... that boot is just big enough that the tank slips in and out of it but it will hold the tank up... and I did still have the boots on our single 104s... until yesterday when I doubled them up. :D

Check back in this thread for the link to Dave Daltons site... he has instructions on there for making a knife sheath.

Or...

You could use the sheath from a mini-mag flashlight.

Bob3 once bubbled...

There will be soon... just working out the final specs. :wink:

SeaTec used to (and still does) make a lot of OEM sold under other brands, don't know if Sea Quest was one of them, but would have to guess maybe not.
LB's is from the original SeaTec folks (Seahorse).

SeaTec website: http://www.4seatec.com

very nice folks there.

Somewhere in the range of 30 to 35 pounds lift (I don't know exactly where in there), very streamlined and possibly connected across the bottom a la pioneer/d-r travel wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom