My new toy!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pulled the whole thing apart after the dive on Saturday. I was tired of the white housing so gave it a new coat of black paint and switched the rear shroud with the new black one that came with the scooter... looks mean now. Just like all my cars I just can't leave anything alone. I got some new parts and spares coming for it too, however the last owner left me with alot of extra parts for spares. I'm building a few extra circuit boards and cleaning up the wiring inside.

Randy and I missed the Nakaya at first and ended up in some rubble field, apparently there are some Train Cars out there somewhere. We're gonna go back and look for them soon. Scooted back to the Nakaya and swam around it for awhile. This was also our first dive with using the double 130's... freaking heavy. My back was sore after the dive!

Attachments

• DPV 005.jpg
    DPV 005.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 59
Wow... Cleaned it up quite a bit! Looks fantastic! How's she run?

Someone in this board (Les?) referred to the rubble field as the second Porteau Wall. Apparently this second wall got formed during mudslide that blocked the Sea to Sky back in the Winter of 08.

The train car is mentioned in Betty Pratt's book 141 Dives (old edition) under a site called the Porteau Quarter Mile. Newer editions of the book do not seem to include this dive. The car is supposed to sit at 150 ft. So a decent bottom time dive is doable with double 130's but you may want to carry a stage with 50% to accelerate deco.

I didn't know J_s_s Chr_st used a scooter. No wonder he's everywhere at the same time... How fast was it compared to Randys?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom