My new powershot s1 picture

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well......heres my rig set up.....ready?

1 Powershot S1 Is
1 Canon underwater Housing.....

Ok....thats it.!

Nothing special....nothing spectatular......just the onboard flash and there you go....

and yes...i did get pretty close....no photo enhancements either.....

NightRaven77

Very nice, Raven. The photo is good but if you want some composition advice, next time...IF you can....get level or just below the crab to give the photo more dimension. When you have to shoot down like you did, it makes the photo look flat.

Great exposure, crisp focus....:thumb:

Night Raven, et al,
I've just joined this board, am on a mission to find an S1 for diving with... would love to hear a bit more about your experience using the camera (I presume with the housing) underwater..... info on this is a little hard to find at the moment!
Specifically - what film speed were you using? what was the viz like? Can you confirm if the flash can/cannot be used with the u/w housing?

muchas gracias,
hamilton (currently itching to get underwater in Sri Lanka....)

Great picture, especially considering the subject. I had a lot of problems trying to get one of those in sharp focus. It looks like your camera is going to do a fine job.

NightRaven77:
Im not that great at photography........

This is my first underwater camera....and this picture will make me continue to learn about the ins and outs.....

What do you all think!?

NightRaven77

Cool pic nightraven... Would you mind posting other pictures you have taken... not just close-ups but others as well. I'm considering this camera/housing combo, but the only thing holding me back is the lack of flash facility....

Wow, I just purchased one of those cameras for my shore activities but it looks like I need to pick up the housing kit as well! Great photo and thanks for reaffirming my purchase :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom