My new long hose setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the O-Ring approach on the primary. It seems like it could catch on kelp etc, but I guess a bolt snap could also.

I use a 2-025 o-ring to hold a small stainless bolt snap on to the hose. I'm one of those guys that still thinks it's best to use a breakable connection here. A small zip-tie would work, too. Last year I saw some others using a peculiar combination of an o-ring and a zip-tie, when they didn't have the right size o-ring.

-Tiny-B.

Tiny B - Do you notice the extra weight of the bolt snap on your primary when it is in your mouth?

I'm not TinyB, but the answer is no for me.

I've never noticed it either. How much can a bolt-snap weigh? The small one I use can only weigh a few ounces at most. Besides the full weight isn't being carried by just your mouth. Given the hose sits around your neck, other parts of your body are carrying some of the weight.

awap:
I attached a tank neck O-ring (2-214) to the reg at the hose with zip ties and then attach a double ender that is hanging on a D-ring when I need to clip off. Little less weight, small reduction in entanglement hazzard grabbing your 2nd, and one less(actually 3, one on each rig) SS snaps required.

This is what I ended up doing. I have not tried it yet, but it appears it will work fine. Here is a picture.

Thanks eveyone for all of the great ideas!

AquaGuy

YOu should go down to your local dive shop and purchase a tank 'O-ring'. The one that goes between the tank and the tank valve. Then remove your second stage from the hose. push the 'o-ring' throught the hole in your bolt snap and fold the o-ring around the bolt snap. Then run your hose through the loops that are made in the oring and replace your second stage. when you do this the bolt snap will be attached to your reg hose. If you then have to clip your second stage to one of your d-rings and you need to disconnect in a hurry (to give to another diver in a OOA situation) all you have to do is give it a quick tug and it should break the o-ring. then you can pass off the second stage or use it if you need to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom