My new gear should be arriving today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZoCrowes255

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm about to go into work to pick up my new gear. I work at a LDS as a divemaster/clerk/"whatever they need from me" and we recently (the training staff) had a chance to get some new Scubapro gear at a very good price so pretty much everyone on the staff jumped on it (about 25-30 of us total.) Anyway, I ordered:

Mk25/S600
Uwatec Smartcom
.5 mil steamer (my old one is pretty much shot to hell)
A bunch of hangers
Freedom Mask

so my G250 and Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus will be relegated to backup status. I was going to get a Knighthawk BCD (back inflate) because I am interested in one but I am hesitant to give up my tried and true Classic. One of my fellow DM's who I work with alot is getting one so I am going to borrow his and give it a try.

I'm so excited (I have a serious case of GAS) and I NEED TO GO DIVING!!

ZoCrowes255 once bubbled...
I'm so excited (I have a serious case of GAS)
Just let it all out, man...

Have fun, man I love the rush that comes with getting new gear, the new-stuff smell, getting all the straps and knick-knacks adjusted, figgering out what works best... hmm, time to go out and buy something meself! :wink:

grats on the new gear... I know the feeling. I'm sitting around dreaming of my dry suit arriving :D I've still got at least a week left before it will arrive. But it doesn't help that I just got more info about the dive I'm going on after I get the suit (break in dive you could say I guess :wink:) and I've been invited to join 2 of the members on a night dive, so now I'm even more pumped and excited will be my first post-cert dive, first with my own dry suit, and first night dive :D what a weekend thats gonna be. I'm probalby even going to join thier dive club even though they are located 2 hours from me and meetings will be hard to attend, just to support a great club (only one in the state that I know of not sponsored by a dive shop). And cause I'd feel better attending dives/events being a member.

Like most of you I agree there is nothing like new gear. The smell, feel and color all add to the excitement. Getting all the adjustments set is always fun for my wife to pick me appart with. I am waiting for my next dry suit. The excitement is incredible. I feel like a little kid in ways.
Wreck/Tec

My DUI 50/50 Sig is supposed to ship tomorrow, and be here on Wed. I'm doing the Zo Dance, too.

* Mind wondering...

* Nothing getting done...

* Is that rain outside? (here in L.A....?) Man, I hope the surge breaks up by Sunday so the boat gets to Catalina in 1 piece...

* Planning on where I'm gonna store it...

* Thinking about how I'm gonna re-pack my dive bag...

* Cutting the seals...

* Stressing - will it arrive for this weekend's Catalina trip or will I have to rent a DrySuit again...

Of course, its being shipped to my office. So there I'll be, office door closed, blinds pulled down - in my office, sporting my Allen Edmonds booties and Joseph Abuud undergarments as I rip open the box and put it on over my suit and tie just to make sure it fits!

Nothing beats new gear...except that first dive in it!

K

Back
Top Bottom