MY new gear/ review (hogs/ Zeagle and scubapro ladyhawk)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure why you think that the LadyHawk is a disadvantage to the long hoses.

As we are working out the weight issues, My wife thinks that she needs ankle weights. We did not put any weights into her trim pockets.

I am chomping at the bit for my next dives. That may not be till may or even a little later. Water temp should be in he mid 80's or so :)

Highflier

As a back-inflate BC, it's better than the alternative - but how will you stow the hose? You can't really go the route of looping it beneath your canister light with the way that the waist harness works. Even if you can "make it work" please explain how that setup is better than a single continuous piece of 2" nylon webbing in a BP/W?

you can buy the zeagle inflator from scuba toys for 50.00 and install it on almost any bc. after having a buddy scrub a dive because of a defective inflator, I now carry a spare. However, if you have the zeagle it is so much easier to maintain that it should never go bad

Well after a ton of research and 2 dives I have no regrets, Of course my reasons may differ from yours.

The price, Function and Scubaboard support are great for these regs.

Other factors I liked was self service.

Highflier

Based on posts here my understanding was you need some sort of tech diving cert to be able to take the HOG reg service class

Yep but that tech cert can be an intro to tech, TDI Nitrox, or any overhead training such as ice which for some agencies is a recreational cert. HOG considers any overhead training to be "technical" in itself.

I don't see my BC's as a issue to deal with. I am just a OW diver and currently do not carry any light at all. It is good to know that I can adapt the Ladyhawk to the Zeagle inflator. However that will have to wait.
Gear is new... Job is non existant, Budget is tight.

Oh and I went with the delux harness on the Express tech. If it were not for my bad shoulder I would have tried to start with the standard harness.

Highflier

Back
Top Bottom