My new baby

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midwestdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Yesssss! Finally. I just got my new baby set-up. Isn't she so cute :eyebrow: .Played around with it a bit but need to do a lot more work. It wasn't as hard to set up as I thought it was going to be.

One thing for sure though, I'm going to have to devise a way to attach the strobe directly to the base tray. Maybe a nylon string or something. If these loc-line parts ever fall apart without the strobe being secured, my wallet and credit card would have a fit :flush: .

60.gif

Congrats and have fun with it.
I initially worried about the same risk but my loc-line joints have never come apart. They are pretty hard to pop in and out. That's not to say it can't happen.
One suggestion is to use fishing line (stainless steel leader) and drill 2 holes, one in the top and one at the bottom, then run the line inside the joints, out the holes, and around the strobe head on one end and the tray/handle on the other.

Nice looking rig. I understand your concern but I've been using Loc-Line arms for over 5 years and have never had one come apart unintentionally. Heck, I can hardly snap them apart on purpose! DM's have handed my rig off to me by grabbing the strobe or taking it from me in the water. They're alot sturdier than they look.

Looking good!

I third the above on the loc-line parts. I've had no problems. I have popped them apart underwater before to get that strobe where I wanted it, so for me, the idea of securing them won't work. I do think about it sometimes, especially when my strobe head gets wobbly and I have to retighted the screw, but all it takes is a pair of needlenosed pliers and about 2 seconds, so I don't worry about it :wink:

Have fun and let's see those photos! When's your first dive??

Thanks for the advise on securing the strobe. I'll see what I can do. Yes, the loc-line arms are pretty sturdy but I don't like leaving things to chanceFor the time being, I'll tinker on using the strobe on land. It probably won't get wet until January or February. I'm getting tired of the ol' job here in MO so I'm thinking of doing travel nursing maybe in Florida or Cali. If that plan goes through, it'll get wet every time I have time off :eyebrow: . Until then, I'll see if I can try it out on the local pool here. Happy holidays everyone.

Back
Top Bottom