My new baby is on the way!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just read on Wetpixel that there's supposedly an Olympus next generation camera going to be released soon. As in a C-6060 or whatever the next in line would be called.

Figures....I could have almost guaranteed that one by ordering the 5050.

Oh well....that's OK because the price at first will be sky high, a housing may or may not be available for months to come, and I don't like to be the guinea pig for anything.

Yeah...that's it, I wouldn't have been interested in the first place? :D

Dee, that's not what I want to hear! Just about to go out and get the 5050 this weekend also. But I think you are right, it will take awhile to get the housing and definitely we would have to pay premium price for the most up to date set up.
Where in wetpixel did you hear about it. I found a little note in forum from Singapore regarding new Olympus camera but no mentioning what it was exactly. Could have been the DSLR line! Doing a search on google also did not show up anything.

Herbko posted the link on DDD yesterday.

Here it is...

Dee,
I just got notification that Etronics just got some PT-015's in for $149.

Beepbird

Thanks, Beep!

Dee, talked to local Olympus dealer here and they said that as far as they know, the only new Olympus camera that is coming out soon is the E1, the DSLR camera. They did not know anything about a 6060 or direct replacement of 5050. So hopefully that is it.

I talked Oly USA earlier today about this leak thing being reported. (See my post in that thread) While I had them on the phone I asked about the new stuff. He said there definately was not going to be a 6060 or anything like it to continue the C-series as far as he knew.

I asked about the rumor of a Z-1 or something similar and he said there were several new products in production but nothing that would replace the niche that the C-5050 holds. I took that to mean it's a more professional type camrea...read way more expensive and work intensive than we're interested in. He just laughed when I asked if he could be more specific! He did mention DEMA would have anything ready to be released but that I had nothing to worry about.

Either way, I'm satisfied with my decision and am excited. It's already in Texas and slated to be delivered before 4:30pm tomorrow!

Dee, try Houston Camera Exchange on Richmond. When I bought my camera, they had just sold out and were ordering more pt-015 housings. Maybe they came in and haven't sold out.

sailor025 once bubbled...
Dee, try Houston Camera Exchange on Richmond. When I bought my camera, they had just sold out and were ordering more pt-015 housings. Maybe they came in and haven't sold out.

I was in there last weekend. They had no C-5050's and said they weren't stockiong them any longer since the new Stylus models were out. When I asked about the PT-015 I was told they had never carried them!

I apparently had different a talented clerk than you did! I'll call them tomorrow. Do you remember what they were charging?

Dee, could you tell me where you bought your new baby from? i have been talking to the wife about it and i might have her talked into getting one. :)

thanks,
steve

Back
Top Bottom